• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Torn callouses

jimmy

Anyone got any secret potions to put on the to make them harden up / heal quicker?

Last edited:
Martial Artists have long used Methylated Spirits to harden up the skin on the hands.

I just wear gloves when I have torn calluses. Rarely happens though.

[MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; should know, I'm guessing he gets lots of Callouses :D

callouses?

peeling-chicken-feet-1024x640.jpg

Prevention... Use a razor to shave them down and a pumice stone to smooth them out.

If you do tear one, use some nail scissors to trim any loose skin then put some friar's balsam on the wound. It'll hurt like a mother fucker but it seems to work. Bandaid and/or tape over the wound while you're training. Don't skimp on the tape or it'll just fall off.

It takes some time to harden and sometimes even then it tears off

Ive never really had an issue when it tears off just let the new one grow

Crossfitters piss on thier hands to harden them up and condition the skin as a prevention. True story. Google it.

However.....I used to use sports tape to cover them as they healed otherwise they never properly healed. Prevention is the key really.

Crossfitters piss on thier hands to harden them up and condition the skin as a prevention. True story. Google it.

However.....I used to use sports tape to cover them as they healed otherwise they never properly healed. Prevention is the key really.

I used to piss on my feet to help blisters, works a treat

Apparently the resultant musky scent also increases my chances of being visually undressed by a fertile gym bunny by a significantly unknown %.