• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training 2 weeks on 1 week off??

S

sicr1000

Any thoughts on the training routine 2 weeks solid training and 1 week off??

im not doing this routine i just heard someone at the Gym talk about it.

Any thoughts on the training routine 2 weeks solid training and 1 week off??

There is definitely no need to take a 'week off', after only two weeks of training - though - the manner in which you recover is largely dictated by the volume/intensity of training you engage in over time. We all have different limits, and as such, require varying recovery periods.

Ultimately though, don't train 14 days 'solid', with 7 days full recovery.

I didn't lift for 2 weeks over xmas and when i lifted last night i struggled, so i wouldn't do it

Taking a week off by choice is the only way to fly. Taking a week (or more) off because of an injury (that should have been avoided) sucks balls.

Every 8-10 weeks i'll take a week off - if it has been a crazy training cycle then sometimes i'll take 2 weeks off - you just have to listen to your body.

I know for a fact that after this training cycle (2 weeks to go) i'll have 2 weeks off - due to training, opening the gym etc etc - my body needs the rest.

But 2 weeks on, 1 week off - makes no sense - do not do it lol

Every 8-10 weeks i'll take a week off - if it has been a crazy training cycle then sometimes i'll take 2 weeks off - you just have to listen to your body.
l
I don't take planned rests anymore because there is always something that forces me to take time off lately, be it work or minor injury, holiday, or lack of motivation (although motivation has been ok lately)

Last edited:
It's good to see some of these old threads for all the new guys we havn't seen them before I train as much as I can but with work when I'm on night shift I don't have the energy or time to make it to the gym so I miss out on 4to5 days in a row and that really sucks

I don't have the energy or time to make it to the gym so I miss out on 4to5 days in a row and that really sucks
oh thats gotta suck :mad:

the only time i have a break is after a comp for a week or so, then back into light stuff for active recovery.

It's good to see some of these old threads for all the new guys we havn't seen them before I train as much as I can but with work when I'm on night shift I don't have the energy or time to make it to the gym so I miss out on 4to5 days in a row and that really sucks
Exactly.
Just because the thread is old does not mean it is not still relevant.

Thread revival I say. :)