• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training on holidays away from gym?

Mickdog

Simply will be doing bodyweight squats, pushups and any other work I can think of. Will add some sprints.

Any other ideas while nowhere near a gym on how to keep training?

dude enjoy the break.... have a week or two off and go back to gym afterwards fully refreshed and ready to lift.

If its one week, have a break. If its two weeks or more, in the second week just do 100 burpees a couple of times a week.

Simply will be doing bodyweight squats, pushups and any other work I can think of. Will add some sprints.

Squat jumps are better than bodyweight squats IMO.

Other things: chin-ups (if you can find a bar somewhere), one-armed push-ups, pistol squats.

Bring the Ab Wheel with you. It's small & very easy to pack and gives you a great exercise option.

If you're traveling by car, own some equipment and can afford to pack it that's an option

I'm going away over NYE but planning to pack a TRX, whatever size KB is in my Xmas pack (yeah I cheated shhh lol) and a micro band

Other than that I think interval running, jump squats, alternating jump lunges, push ups, inverted rows etc are the way to go. Although by themselves they're not too bad put em in a circuit and they're pretty challenging

Grab powerband or two and take it with you.

It will let you add some resistance to bodyweight squats, deadlifts and pushups. You can also do plenty of other exercises with them.

how long are you away from a gym for? personally if it was only a week, i would train hard the week before (to failure) then have the week off, ensuring to eat ample amounts of clean food. some times we forget sufficient rest is as important as training itself.

mick

I think take the time off, let the body recover 100%.

I've got 11 days off training coming up over NYE, I can't wait. Enjoy the break

Resistance bands are good. Loop them through a roll of duct tape, throw the tape over the top or side of a door, close the door and the band is anchored in place. You can do pulldowns, seated rows, few others.

Away from the door there are plenty of other exercises you can do as well.

Use 2 bands at once for added resistance.

I'll be having a week off over new years due to travel. Probably should of done it earlier, but could never stay away haha

Are you worried about losing the motivation to exercise when you return from holiday?

man there are 1000 exercises you can do if you want to make your mind happy your not going stale over a week to fill in a 45minute session to keep the blood flowing..

Are you worried about losing the motivation to exercise when you return from holiday?

Not at all, just didn't want to lose any strength.

I'm happy to do some walking and give the body a break though. Should be good for me, i'm itching to get back to the gym though, shame that will coincide with returning to work:p

Not at all, just didn't want to lose any strength.

I'm happy to do some walking and give the body a break though. Should be good for me, i'm itching to get back to the gym though, shame that will coincide with returning to work:p

You'll have nothing to worry about, enjoy the holiday.