• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

trying to get my macros sorted

When you say "best for me"....

In what way?

You feel better? Or lose weight eaiser? Train better? Or find you stick to cals easier?

Or does it just make more room for carbs... And your a high carb type of person?

Cheers...

Best for gym performance. I don't go crazy low on fats but lower than the recommended .45g/lb of BW per IIFYM - What does it mean? - Bodybuilding.com Forums.

LOL at scales to fish and chip shop!

my fitness pal works great.. been using this for a while now..
just scan everything with the barcode scanner add in my portions works a treat.

If you have an iPhone just use myfitnesspal and search chicken schnitzel and see what they come up and pick one that is about average. Take a guess as the amount of chips and add them in.
This is how I always do it.

I use android and calorie counter but I never even thought to check it
for these types of food
thanks

Yeah my finess pal is good...

As a suggestion... Use red rooster chip sizes as a guide... Was it a large or small....you will find the macros for these easily...

another good idea Nazzy
I wish we had red rooster here,you got me wanting their chips now :D

Carry scales? when i get takeaway from the fish n chip shop,

I get the flat head and salad or chips, I tell them to weight the fish before they cook it.

I know its not always possible, Sometimes you just cant help it.

I do so much better just not ever eating out, That way im 100% on taget and i dont fall of the rails over the weekend.

Then just add in one unlogged cheat meal per week.

good idea about having the shop weigh the food,it's all these little tidbits
of info that lead to a lifestyle change eh

Its almost counter intuitive, but when eating out from a calorie counting perspective its better to go to a big fast food chain - they have details of all offerings on their websites.

once again something I had never thought of ,will look into this

thanks for all responses