• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Trying too hard to avoid 'bad' dates?

I've reached the point in my life, where even as a guy, I'm starting to think casual sex is pretty over-rated. (they never stay to do the washing and the dishes! :)

I'm sure it's fine while you continue to search for something 'more', don't let that hold you back! Fill in the time :)
But yeah not cool though if they think it is something different to whatever you're thinking...
This is why girls go stalker or crazy, scarred for whoever finds her next - they think they've got something more, have a night with a guy, only to find out via text or whatever that she was used (her perspective).

How about instead of going on a full blown date to start off with, why not just meet for coffee first?

On the subject of let down calls/txts/skywriting...

"I'm sorry but i'm not interested"
"Please don't ever call me again or i'll call the police"
"My life is really complicated right now and i don't think i'm in a good space..."
"you'll never guess, i was selected for the space program, i'm off to houston tomorrow"
"<silence>"
"I'm going to be busy most of the week, i'll call you next week? ...", "Looks like i'm still busy this week, next month?", "<silence>"
"I've realized i'm just not ready for a relationship yet"
"Hey... I've been thinking a bit and my life is a bit complicated at the moment, i just don't think things will work out between us...."

Least likely to generate stalker responses?

How some variation of I had a great time, you're really nice, but not what I'm looking for in terms of a relationship sorry. (If happy to) I would like to keep in contact as friends bla bla
Be honest. Everything else is a cop out?
Better yet if you can do that on the night (in person) if you know it ain't right.
Say that you're having a great time but it's not what you're looking for in term of a relationship. Divert some attention and make yourself look good by saying 'I'd rather be honest upfront, you know what guys are like etc, I don't want to waste your time or hurt your feelings'. She'll appreciate that unless a psycho, and she may even give you the bonus of the night thrown in for being so good about it :)
Sounds like you need to practice this as you're just not comfortable having these conversations??

How some variation of I had a great time, you're really nice, but not what I'm looking for in terms of a relationship sorry. (If happy to) I would like to keep in contact as friends bla bla
Be honest. Everything else is a cop out?
Better yet if you can do that on the night (in person) if you know it ain't right.
Say that you're having a great time but it's not what you're looking for in term of a relationship. Divert some attention and make yourself look good by saying 'I'd rather be honest upfront, you know what guys are like etc, I don't want to waste your time or hurt your feelings'. She'll appreciate that unless a psycho, and she may even give you the bonus of the night thrown in for being so good about it :)
Sounds like you need to practice this as you're just not comfortable having these conversations??

repped!

exactly.

Honesty is the best policy, always. Even if you think it will hurt her feelings, even if you know she's not going to like it - better to be up front about how you're feeling and truthful, rather than kiss her, hold her, sleep with her, whisper sweet nothings to her and then pretend she never existed :eek:

No wonder women lose their shit. mwahahaha

Good advice Stews :)

It's always the ones that aren't going to work out that are hard to have these conversations with, ironically, when i 'click' with someone i could have a conversation like that no problem, but i wouldn't want to!

repped!

exactly.

Honesty is the best policy, always. Even if you think it will hurt her feelings, even if you know she's not going to like it - better to be up front about how you're feeling and truthful, rather than kiss her, hold her, sleep with her, whisper sweet nothings to her and then pretend she never existed :eek:

No wonder women lose their shit. mwahahaha

Good advice Stews :)

Although, to be fair, i have had a woman or two do this to me before :)

Although, to be fair, i have had a woman or two do this to me before :)

Oh yes, I know. It works both ways, definitely.

I'm waiting by my phone for the 'thanks but, no thanks' call or text. Better yet, grow a pair and fly me to Melbourne to do it in person! :p

(I can also get the peanut butter this way) mwahahaha

If your not happy with the women within your comfort zone branch out and look elsewhere.

From this point onwards i will only be accepting applicants from the Mensa modelling academy who have won at least one regional beauty contest, have triple Phd's (preferable Psych, English Lit and advanced mathematics) have rescued at least one injured animal this week, enjoy playing xbox and have won at least one TV cooking competition....

Oh yes, I know. It works both ways, definitely.

I'm waiting by my phone for the 'thanks but, no thanks' call or text. Better yet, grow a pair and fly me to Melbourne to do it in person! :p

(I can also get the peanut butter this way) mwahahaha

Ah, but see i only send those messages to girls i've kissed :)

what do you do when you turn up on a date (particularly the 'blind' internet dating type) and just decide you're not interested, How do you end a date _without_ making out with the girl in question? If you do end up 'unintentionally' sleeping with someone on the first date, is it better just not to call?, or send a 'let down' message?

1) Emergency "wedding ring," slip it on... she'll either bolt, chew you out, or stay... which is clear indication she's DTF, and you needn't feel bad.
2) Emergency "STD panel," "Sweet, before we go, just gotta make a phonecall real quick." Walk outside with her, where it's quiet, pick up phone, dial friend, quietly exclaim, "I've got syphilis? are you f'n serious?"
or 3) my personal favorite, "the clanger,"... throughout the night, as you're feeling them less and less, start doing something really weird. Make like you have tourette's. Slowly let your left eye wander while she's talking to you. Every 5th step, skip. Make passing references to "beards" and ask her how she'd feel if she was asked to be one. Refer to your penis as the 'slug,' and so forth. If she's still willing to date you, you should do what I did and marry her.

Lmfaoooooooooooooo

Oh Jay! :D

Skip every 5th step?? Mwahahahaha

Fuck that was funny.

NFT, I may kiss for a jar of my peanut butter? lol
Then you can give me the 'thanks, but no thanks' sermon straight, to my face :eek:

Practice makes perfect :D

Make like you have tourette's. Slowly let your left eye wander while she's talking to you. Every 5th step, skip. Make passing references to "beards" and ask her how she'd feel if she was asked to be one. Refer to your penis as the 'slug,' and so forth. If she's still willing to date you, you should do what I did and marry her.

These are weird things? ..

There's something about a grown man skipping that's really hard for women to get over.

No idea what it could be.

I believe that peanut butter is better than sex? So your 'thanks, but no thanks' sermon will be ok, if that is true! lolol

Ahh Jay, that was funny. I got the image of a grown man skipping every 5th step in my head straight away mwahahaha

Would make a romantic stroll along the river more interesting, thats fo sho lol

These are weird things? ..

See, now that you've questioned it, I don't know what to think. Maybe I should revive my old pick-up lines.

"Let's go back to your place, I'll put my 'slug' in your 'shell' and we'll have a 'snail' of a time ;)"