• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weight loss

unibum

Hi

I have looked and read pages but really when it comes to loosing weight
as fast and safe as possible what diet should you follow?

A female friend of my was inspired by my dedication to my diet
and wanted one to loose weight, I have no idea about weight loss
can someone help?

Much appreciated thanks

If weightloss is the primary goal, I personally recommend Keto. Trentzor wrote a good thread about it on here and his clients get good results in weightloss.

Just count your calories and eat less.

Working a treat for me and I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits the macros.

everyone is diffrent and you really need to find what suits you or your friend-

As above id start counting cals and ajust every 3 weeks up or down-

Cut out all the crap food- We all know what these are!

exersise- Cardio/Lifting- I dont care what anyone says- but its needed and you feel 1000000X better for it

Last edited:
Just count your calories and eat less.

Working a treat for me and I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits the macros.

This worked for me, lost around 55kg over 1 year. Controlled portions + eat less.

Any more than 1 kilo per week for me was not sustainable (and even that was pretty hard towards the end). It's a long journey, make the weekly drops realistic. I'm 6'4 so 1 kilo a week may be too much for a smaller person.

Hi

I have looked and read pages but really when it comes to loosing weight
as fast and safe as possible what diet should you follow?

A female friend of my was inspired by my dedication to my diet
and wanted one to loose weight, I have no idea about weight loss
can someone help?

Much appreciated thanks

Count your calories.
Eliminate simple sugars.
Drink plenty of water.
Lift 3-4 days per week with basic movements.
Do some form of daily cardio for 45-60 minutes a day.

:)

Oh, and make goals.

Weekly, monthly and long-term goals.

Treat this as a lifestle change not a diet.

People that diet, yoyo with their weight all their lives.

Create a 500-1000 calorie deficit. Some people create a harsher deficit, and rely solely on diet which will still work, but the lethargy affects your ability to train hard.

There are many cardio haters, but I am sorry, HIIT coupled with resistance training will get you there. Hormones like leptin are affected by severe caloric deficits, so it's a good idea to have a carb up day if you're really cutting hard.

To be honest, and as cliche as it is, it really needs to be a lifestyle change. I'd cut calories harsh for a maximum of 2 weeks, then taper into a 500 calorie deficit and go steady, incorporating ~3-4 days of resistance, and 3-4 days of HIIT.

The biggest thing for me was cutting out sugar and doing cardio every day.
Walk up the stairs and don't get the lift at least once a day .
Switching from large strong mochas to long blacks, I dropped 10kg in a month
(with exercise).

Gone from walking up from level 3 to 23 at work in ten minutes to 6 minutes 20 seconds

Either count you're cals and make sure you're in a deficit with adequate protein & fats and with the majority coming from whole food sources to get adequate micronutrients.

Or you can go the food elimination method. Eating "clean" pretty much guarantees that you can't overeat.

I prefer option 1 :)

just include them in the calorie count

Just depends how much you really want to drop the weight

Opinions on cappucinos ?

As others have said liquids need to be counted same as solids.

A mug of instant with skim and no sugar is 60 cals my home made capp comes in at 110cal. I can nearly have two coffees for ever cap. Although a capp been mostly milk has more protein.

Opinions on cappucinos ?

change to piccolos or learn to love espresso. a picc will have ~50mL milk VS a regular cap which will have 150-200mL. drink 3 or 4 full sized espresso based coffees in a day like i used to and there's almost 500cals (4x200mL @ 120cals each)...