• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight training and stress reduction

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
I know there is a connection between weight training and stress reduction...just wondering if anyone could explain to me how this works, why weight training helps etc etc...would be great!!

The act of concentrating on just one thing over a protracted time creates a meditative state.

We become stressed when our mind and our sub conscious tries to deal life's daily issues.

I think you're spot on Andy, I know for me and most likely most others my mind is totally focused during the workout therefore it's the only time that I'm not thinking of anything else.
And the simple act of physical exersion is a natural stress relief in itself.

I know there is a connection between weight training and stress reduction...just wondering if anyone could explain to me how this works, why weight training helps etc etc...would be great!!
Because when you exercise your brain releases Endorphins, its a chemical that makes you feel good. The same chemical you have released 20 times already this week.....:D
(I said chemical not bodily fluid...)

Because when you exercise your brain releases Endorphins, its a chemical that makes you feel good. The same chemical you have released 20 times already this week.....:D
(I said chemical not bodily fluid...)

lololol

:p

When I was training twice a day I did notice a huge reduction in stress....might have to go back to that...

If your feeling particularly stressed or angry bang out a few sets of high rep squats Does wonders imo.