• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight trees

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
I want to buy an olympic weight tree for the my gym, but I can't find any decent ones that are of commercial quality for sale anywhere. I checked ebay out and there was a couple of second hand ones but they don't want to post it, just pick up and they were to far away.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent weight tree?
Commercial quality/solid fwaaarker New.

I looked at the ones on Gym Direct, but they look shit, don't know for sure though (never seen in the flesh).

Thanks
Graeme

Whats wrong with the toaster in your home gym thread pics? Just looking to tidy up a bit?

Whats wrong with the toaster in your home gym thread pics? Just looking to tidy up a bit?

Yeh mate, it takes up a bit to much room. I've moved to the other side of the shed and made my gym longer instead of the same width as before. So it's now only 2 mats wide by 6 mats long. The toaster is a pain in the arse lol, works well though, but def gets in the way now.

All those weight trees I've seen look pretty poor quality. I am short on space as well (bloody tiny single car garage). My current toatser is just made out of framing pine but I think I will make something more substantial from a form ply base and put castors on so I can roll it around.

Lean all ya 20,s against your rack and grab a cheap tree for the rest. This how I had to work around the space issue.

I have two Powertec Olympic Weight Tree's. Solid as hell.
One currently holds 4 x 25's, 8 x 20's, 2 x 15's, 4 x 10's plus some smaller stuff. Very Very solid.

One is still in the box and surplus to requirements if anyone in Brisbane is interested in making an offer.

D

eleiko tree?
560782_2099410502955_1776201714_1006795_1609744466_n.jpg

the gym direct ones look solid enough.
Weight Plate Rack (Olympic size) MOPR

It just needs to hold the weights. I have a very cheap one sitting at the Allround weightlifting gym that just had standard poles, and holds 4x25kg olympic plates no problem.

Otherwise get one welded up, that's where the muscle pit ones came from.

the gym direct ones look solid enough.
Weight Plate Rack (Olympic size) MOPR

It just needs to hold the weights. I have a very cheap one sitting at the Allround weightlifting gym that just had standard poles, and holds 4x25kg olympic plates no problem.

Otherwise get one welded up, that's where the muscle pit ones came from.

Yeh, I might as well just get that one, seams space saving enough and I only have 250kg of plates anyway (ATM). Sucks we don't have all the gear that the yanks can get, suppose we don't have a big enough market for it I guess. I could make one myself, but by the time I buy all the metal and cut/weld it up it would be nearly the same cost as buying the MM one FFS (would be better though, but prob don't need better, as you said it just holds the fwaaarkers).

Thanks for the replies guys
Graeme

I have the Powertec weight tree as well. It is very solid. Store over 200kg on it.

That said, weight trees take up too much room in a garage. I'm thinking of just getting the MM commercial rack. The extra depth of the cage doubles as storage and is better use of space to keep your storage as part of the rack IMO.