• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight Vest

Felixflex

i'm wanting to get a weights vest, can anyone suggest a good one that you can add more weight etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
theres a few for sale on ebay at the moment mate, which look like a suicide bomber vest, with pockets everywhere and the extra weights

i just had a browse around they want $400+ for 50kg vest when a 30kg one is $105 doesnt make sense, i might just get the 30kg one for now and cross that bridge when i come to it

Check out the iron edge one at ironedge.com.au

I did quite a lot of research on weight vests a few months ago, never ended up getting one but you do want a good comfortable one which fits well, not just the cheapest you can find

If it doesn't fit well and moves a lot when you use it, you probably won't end up using it much

Good Vests

After a lot of research and using different vests that mates own I grabbed a 35kg MiR vest from Strengthpoint.

It is very snug an serves its purpose really well. The biggest issue is the initial price and of course shipping if you don't live on the east coast.

I would recommend that if you buy a cheaper vest that you goto a dive store and grab a cheap weight belt (or any wide ajustable strap) to give an additional strap over the top if you are doing burpees or explosive activities. (not an issue with my vest as it is double strapped, but some of the others I tried were a little sloppy)

I got my wife this

30KG WEIGHT VEST

Don't let the price put you off, it will last a lifetime and fits tight and is comfortable.

She loads it up and does box jumps, stair climbs, chins, dips,heaps of stuff.

Weighted Vests

We have two of these weighted vests, they are only 20kg vests but you can remove them and make them lighter if you need to long the way. and they fit excellent compared to the old vests we used to have which would bounce slide around at times. I think the weight vests have come a long way!

If I got a weighted vest, I'd pretty much only use it for walking/running.
Still....Very useful!