• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weightlifting Shoes - Brisbane

RyanF

I've decided that it's high time I quit squatting in runners and invest in some proper weightlifting shoes...but, I don't know where to go in the Brisbane area to find a pair that fits. Sure, I could just order a pair online and have them delivered, but I wouldn't know if they're the right size for me until I've actually tried them on.

So, does anyone know a good place to go shopping for lifting shoes in Brisbane? Strathpine, Chermside and the CBD are all pretty accessable for me, to give you an idea.

Mate, use the sizing guide from Iron edge and order online, thats what I did and they fit perfect.
Other than that I can't help you as I don't know anywhere in Bris.
Good Luck

Nick, what's the address for your weightlifting club? If it's within about a 1k walk from the Zillmere train station I should be able to come in some time after about 4:00 on the weekdays next week without much hassle.

Out of curiosity, how do weightlifting shoes differ from just some normal shoes? What positives do they provide?

As far I as know, weightlifting shoes have a somewhat solid base (wood or hard rubber) and a raised heel?!

Out of curiosity, how do weightlifting shoes differ from just some normal shoes? What positives do they provide?

They have a very solid base (sometimes hard plastic or wood) and have a slightly raised heel. This makes for excellent stability. Program I do includes powercleans, powersnatches and squats (front, back, overhead) and they're excellent for this. Don't use them for my deadlifts as being raised up is a disadvantage.

Regular shoes generally are very cushy, which makes O-lifts difficult to land.

I have ones I ordered online from Rogue in America (there's a Rogue Australia site too but they're more expensive). For most brands you want to order them a bit smaller than your regular shoes as they're meant to be very snug.

If you don't do powercleans/snatches in your program I probably wouldn't bother.

The walk isn't too bad unless you're in thongs and carrying a bag lol

I picked up mine while I was on holiday and Nick was kinda enough to let me train in them before deciding if I would buy them.

I don't use them for squats (prefer barefeet or deadlift slippers if in comp) but they're great for OL and variations, and I like to wear them benching as well (so my foot is flat on the ground but I get good hip angle).

Interesting. The UGE shoes appear to just be re-badged Risto Series 2 shoes. w/f/s/ I know they do that for a few other dealers in the US as well. In the event that you can't find them locally, and UGE is out, I know Risto will ship internationally.