• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What age to leave home?

I am also still at home (24) living in the shed though, its good because I have my own space.. Its only my mum and my lil bro here so its not crowded. We all work different hours so we can go 2 weeks with out even seeing each other..
Living at home is so much cheaper, can save alot of coin.. and all my good mates are married so I don't really have anyone to move out with.

That being said Ive recently had a good job opportunity in another town (200km away) that will triple my yearly income so in the next few weeks il be in fora big change :eek:

im 20 and still at home, never even thought of moving out. and the missus has moved in with me.

i do pull my weight, ive been cooking and clean, garden work sice about 12. compared to my older sister and younger brother they do sweet f all.

i buy most of my own shopping now ect so im not free loading, much ;)

No way could i afford to move out on $500 a week, dont like appartments either.

so ill move out when im married or chashed up.

I moved out at 17/18 - am 26 now.

Financially I have progressed HEAPS slower than my mates who stayed at home. It's also taken heaps longer to get a better education under my belt.

I might have a better concept of money and life in general, but I would prefer to be on 80 - 120 k a yr like them than have my "life skills and experience" etc.

One of them is paying $80 a week to his olds, earns 100k a yr. Only other costs = his car and partying. He's only 25. Bloody tradies.

Still love living out of home. But think of all the things I could do with all that money.

tradies huh, dam i miss working outside now the weathe is waring up, Footy shorts and a singlet beats ofice clothes and a desk staring at a computer all day.

i moved out for a bit when was 20 - 22, moved back home for a few years as parents house could be divided a bit so myself or them werent in each others face all the time, had own space and we never clashed, i could still easily be there as it was cheap and very easy, but just moved out with a couple mates few months back, its great being out of home just costs a bit more, savings no way near what they used to be and have had to change spending habbits a lot.
some people thrive on moving out young, others like myself arent to phased, but i spose it depends on the house your living in with the olds.

Lived at home til 21 when i bought my first house. It was fairly sparse, couldnt afford much furniture. Lived there long enough to qualify for first home owners grant then moved back home and rented it out. Not long after that i was promoted/ transferred interstate with my job.

I moved out at 18, never returned, looking back, shoulda sponged for a little!!

I'm still at home at 23. Unless I have to move away from home for some other reason, I don't plan on moving out until I have full-time, reliable work. There would be no benefit to me moving out of home at this point in time, it would just be an unnecessary increase in expenses. And it's not like I rely on my parents for everything, either -- there have been times when they've gone away for a month at a time leaving me and my brother to feed ourselves, keep the house livable, keep the dogs happy, etc. So it's not like I lack the personal independence to move out of home, there's just no advantage to me or my family in doing so.