• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What does it mean to YOU to be fit?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Everyone has their own idea of what it means to be fit?
What does it mean to you to be fit and what are you doing to achieve your goals?

1) <20% body fat
2) Not pull a muscle doing anything ordinary
3) Being strong enough to do whatever you want (within reason)
4) Being able to do that as often as you like

Just being able to do things without hurting yourself.

Yesterday I needed to jack up part of my house to pack the piers underneath it.

That meant picking up a 60kg jack to move it through the hole in the wall.

Basically a very awkward sumo deadlift with some maneuvering involved.

I'm not enormously strong, but I don't think that most people would be able to safely lift that, especially in an awkward environment.

Being able to sit on the toilet without your legs going numb

:eek:

LOL.........Love it, would also be good to speak on the phone without the arm going numb and brush teeth without getting arm pump.

To answer Admins questions:
1. To sustain elevated heart rate for more than 60 seconds and not passing out.
2. Nothing

Being able to save myself and a damsel in distress from the tribe of hungry cannibals populating the otherwise paradise-like island we're stranded on after an unfortunate plane crash/ship wreck.

Just being able to do things without hurting yourself.

Yesterday I needed to jack up part of my house to pack the piers underneath it.

That meant picking up a 60kg jack to move it through the hole in the wall.

Basically a very awkward sumo deadlift with some maneuvering involved.

I'm not enormously strong, but I don't think that most people would be able to safely lift that, especially in an awkward environment.

You need to move to level 2. 'who needs a jack - deadlift the house!'

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Maintaining a good degree of functional strength, fitness and flexibilty to make daily life that much easier. It's the main reason my training has shifted away from heaps of weight training and more into cardio and HIIT training that incorporated dynamic body movements. And yoga twice a week.

Had an argument with some dude on another forum years ago pre cross-fit him saying chin-ups aren't functional as when do you even pull yourself up from a cliff that way.

Hello, kipping is born.

Had an argument with some dude on another forum years ago pre cross-fit him saying chin-ups aren't functional as when do you even pull yourself up from a cliff that way.

Hello, kipping is born.

Because being a yoyo is FAR more useful in life :)