• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What improvements will you make to your training in 2015

steveP

Getting near the new year, I've overheard people in the gym discussing what they're going to change next year, to hopefully increase their gainz!

Such things as eating more carbs, going low carb in the morning, be more strict with supplementation, training full body more often, doing a 6-day split routine, etc.

I was wondering if anyone else is planning to change things up in the new year based on what did or didn't work this year.

More consistency with diet in regards to calories. Training consistency has been good of late.

Is 2015 the end of the yeyo [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] ;?

Not sure what I'll change, haven't thought that far ahead.
Probably find some staple supps I like and stick with those instead of being like Dory and giving everything in sight a run.
Can't see my training changing too much... change of routine to keep things interesting but not jumping on the latest and greatest bandwagon

I am going to work very hard on my legs, which is basically the key for me if I want to do well in masters events.

That is why I am taking Olympic lifting again; I have lost a lot of leg power and I hope explosive lifting and training is going to make a difference (as well as a lighter lean bodyweight).

Avoid further injury, make a gradual recovery of limit strength in squats, get a really big bench and let the rest look after itself for a change rather than obsess about not having good enough squat. Learn to jerk properly (inconsistent with big bench!)

I'm going to add more stretching and warming up. Also going to work on the impingement in my deltoid/tricep head. More recovery work.

I'm going to progressively add weight, slower than I have been.
I'm still going to work my lifts up, but only focus on adding more weight once or twice a week, rather than every workout.
Mind muscle connection and contraction are becoming far more important for me, as I'm really looking to gain muscle rather than strength at this point in my journey, so I'll focus on that more next year than I have this year. Aims are 120kg Bench, 180kg Deadlift, 160kg Squat - but are secondary to a lean mass gain of 5-8kg.

More consistency with diet in regards to calories. Training consistency has been good of late.

I think this for me as well, i am very consistent with training just my diet is something which needs more consistency....

I am going to work very hard on my legs, which is basically the key for me if I want to do well in masters events.

That is why I am taking Olympic lifting again; I have lost a lot of leg power and I hope explosive lifting and training is going to make a difference (as well as a lighter lean bodyweight).

i reckon thats a smart plan and look forward to seeing what u can do!hopefully see you in PA mate.

For me I'm really going to try to dial in my nutrient timing. I don't consume a huge amount of carbs anyway, but they're spaced evenly throughout the day. I've been trialling moving my lunch time carbs to post workout and I feel good in terms of energy and managing my appetite.

I'm a bit OCD with my training which can be a good and bad thing. The good is that I never miss a training session and know exactly what weight I can move for how many reps. The bad is I probably need to throw in a few more random workouts and be a bit more unorthodox in terms of super-setting and going to failure with partial reps.

Supplement-wise I think I've got a good balance of taking what I need, but not overdoing it and relying on every supplement under the sun. I might go for a higher quality WPI as I've been having digestion issues with some of the cheaper powders. I'll also try some natural testosterone boosters and see if that has any impact.

2015…..mmmm……Was just talking about this with a work mate who also trains.

I think I will finally ditch ALL supplements (have still been using the occasional shake and multi vitamin) as in well over 20 years I have not found one that does anything what so ever apart from empty my wallet, so I will vow not to spend even $1 on any supplements what so ever.

Then I will be running a low carb, high protein moderate fat style diet, which comes naturally to me anyway.

Then I will go back to running 5/3/1 for a full 12 months, with a few HIIT sessions thrown in for good measure, as well as a few slow low intensity long cardio sessions.

Will adjust as needed.

i reckon thats a smart plan and look forward to seeing what u can do!hopefully see you in PA mate.

Thanks Gerry. I can still deadlift over 200kg at moment and power clean 100kg, but doubt I could squat 115kg Olympic lifting style.

I am sure that my sprinting and powerlifting will again improve once I do a year of Olympic lifting. well, at least that is the theory I now use to motivate myself for 2015.

To hit 4 days consistently. Been a struggle lately. Get leaner then get in to a slow slow bulk, upping food when my lifts start to really stall out