• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What keeps YOU motivated to train?

Treatment is definetly better, but still gets tough, for instance i was training and doing the beginner program from here. i was able to get to a 55kg bench, 70kg Squat and a 70kg deadlift. (I am 5'5 and a 73kg). but i got a chest infection and was out of training for 3 weeks.

Kinda kills all motivation for a bit. I am trying to get back into now. Especially with 3 obstacle course races coming up.

I look at my overweight colleagues shoveling down rubbish and struggling to do ordinary daily tasks and know I don't want to be that person.

Working in an office behind a computer is motivation to get out and hit the gym, i could spend hours in there as the the thought of sitting back behind the desk just doesnt appeal to me...

Usually the only time I try to be at my desk is to check out ausbb, hahaha

haha I spend most of the time I'm sitting on ausbb, sometimes I get a shit load of paper work and I sitting for 4-5hours if that happens every 30 minutes I get up and do a set of squats and push-ups then back to it

I love training. Outside of the gym, most of my stresses are mental. Inside the gym, mentally I can rest. And when I'm not going to the gym, a haze accumulates in my head and in my body, which I don't even notice until I go back to the gym, do a workout and get myself freshened up.

I love training. Outside of the gym, most of my stresses are mental. Inside the gym, mentally I can rest. And when I'm not going to the gym, a haze accumulates in my head and in my body, which I don't even notice until I go back to the gym, do a workout and get myself freshened up.
Nice bro! That's beyond motivation , that's dedication !!

Same here. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't regularly training at the gym. Probably become a hardcore alcoholic and a chronic knuckle shuffler at adult shop peek booths.

All the bullshit stresses of everyday life gets smashed out of the way when I do those squats. And if I feel sorry for myself for whatever reason, the deadlift usually sorts me out in a jiffy.

Always aiming to lift more than I did last week & knowing how far I have come in the last few months. Life for me began at 40, in the gym

To never have my bestfriends mum not see me after 6 months and say "jesus christ caino i didnt even recognize you, you have gotten so fat!"

To never have my bestfriends mum not see me after 6 months and say "jesus christ caino i didnt even recognize you, you have gotten so fat!"

similar thing happened to me about 5 years ago, my german grandma who is very blunt told me I was fat, got me off the couch,
nowdays at 29 I dont like the idea of peaking yet, when I was 25 I came to the conclusion that the fittest I had been in my life was at age 16, and I was determined to have not peaked at 16, so got into MMA and had some fun with that, now currently my peaked age is 28 so looking at beating that over the next few month, keeps me motivated trying to stay ahead of myself,

I reached peak chin in about 2006 so a picture of that is up on my fridge.

I knew I was fat but it hit home when Mum brought out the high school pictures at xmas last year.

My shock came a few years ago when I was looking at family photos of the xmas party we had just had, and I though who is that fat dude in the background, I don't remember him being there.

Then in horror realised it was me I was looking at:eek:....this was about 6 years ago now:)

I saw someone my age kneeling on the floor putting floor decals down at work. Overweight, she struggled to get up.
Was a sad sight....

Comps are my biggest motivation at the moment I'd say. I just really like having a deadline to try and achieve a goal rather than just going to the gym and doing my thing and then test "one day".