• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What keeps YOU motivated to train?

Anthkay

Mine is Arnie's commitment and perfection.

Arnold-conquer-1024x640.jpg

What's yours?

These days, I'm much more concerned about my conditioning, which is naturally very poor (as subject to genetic factors as size and strength are).

The old timers in the Muscular Development magazines I got as a teenager used to say, "When you get past age 40, your priorities change."

I used to say that would never happen to me; I'd become a giant and remain that way until they shoehorned me into a coffin.

Well, now that I'm 52, I've found it to be true. My aesthetic priority now is to develop a leaner, more rawhide-like look than the cannonball-stuffed-in-a-baggie look I'd wanted in an earlier day.

But at the end of the day, I just love the euphoric feeling I get after a hard workout under the bar.

beyond health benefits, love the challenge of physical goals and achieving them.

This is an aspect of life that money cannot buy. Especially as you get older, it comes down to discipline, hard work, and good nutrition (and a bit of luck with injuries).

I like pushing the boundaries of my body, lifting more, running further, jumping higher etc and it keep in decent shape which is a bonus coming into summer

These days, I'm much more concerned about my conditioning, which is naturally very poor (as subject to genetic factors as size and strength are).

The old timers in the Muscular Development magazines I got as a teenager used to say, "When you get past age 40, your priorities change."

I used to say that would never happen to me; I'd become a giant and remain that way until they shoehorned me into a coffin.

Well, now that I'm 52, I've found it to be true. My aesthetic priority now is to develop a leaner, more rawhide-like look than the cannonball-stuffed-in-a-baggie look I'd wanted in an earlier day.

But at the end of the day, I just love the euphoric feeling I get after a hard workout under the bar.
Wow man thats inspiration right there, to have that motivation to train at your age.
"But at the end of the day, I just love the euphoric feeling I get after a hard workout under the bar"
but this is hands down the best way to describe the feeling!

beyond health benefits, love the challenge of physical goals and achieving them.

This is an aspect of life that money cannot buy. Especially as you get older, it comes down to discipline, hard work, and good nutrition (and a bit of luck with injuries).
Yeah bro thats true.
Money can't buy discipline and hard work, because they pay off in the gym :p
(no pun intended muahaha)

Striving for the goal physique.
Fear of what I may become if I don't lift scares the crap outta me.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

I'd have to say pushing myself mentally and physically to see what i'm actually capable of. Also, annually to come in to summer heavier and leaner than i did the year before.

Blowing apart the expectations of what I can achieve.

Spent years as an unhealthy slob. Now I am fit, I wanna see how far I can push this body.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have that Arnie poster above my bed :)
Upcoming competitions are what motivate me most.
Nice man, any links so that I can watch upcoming comps?
And where did you get the poster from ��������