• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What size 12 looks like

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What size 12 looks like

What size 12 looks like - body+soul
These four women prove that good health comes in all different shapes.
10353-1_n.jpg

body+soul speaks to four different women sporting a healthy size 12 physique.
"I feel good. I'm tall. I'll never be super skinny" - Yvonne Christensen

Height: 180cm
Weight: 76kg
"I had really bad digestion for about seven years, so I saw a naturopath. She suggested I try eliminating dairy and gluten from my diet. I noticed a massive change when I cut them out. I always felt really bloated after a meal, and my energy levels were low. Now I feel great. The only things I really miss are cheese and yoghurt.
"For breakfast I usually have a gluten-free cereal with soy milk and fruit. Lunch is dinner leftovers and dinner will be something like tofu and noodles or meat with vegies. I snack on fruit and nuts. I love my daily soy chai and herbal teas and I drink about two litres of water a day. I'm not a big alcohol drinker. I'm Danish and strong coffee is part of my culture. I used to drink about six cups a day, but I gradually weaned myself off it.
"I take supplements every day: vitamin B, a multivitamin and zinc. I exercise a lot - in a week I do one personal training session, one boot camp session, one game of basketball and one yoga class, and I also do cardio at the gym two or three times a week. I feel good when I've been eating well and exercising."
15323-1_asl.jpg

"I'm happy I've got enough energy to do what I want" - Sharon Hamill

Height: 172cm
Weight: 67kg
"I used to feel low on energy. At the beginning of last year I had a blood test and found out I was insulin resistant, so I modified my diet. I lost six kilos and now feel great. I also lost the knee pain I had.
"I used to have cereal every morning for breakfast, but now I usually have eggs and toast. The rest of the day I will have nuts, fruit, meat, vegetables and some cheese. I'm lucky I like healthy food. I love a cold beer, but only drink on the weekends. I drink about one litre of water and three to five coffees a day.
"I've always enjoyed competitive sports and exercise is something I can do with my daughter [Elise Hamill, right]. Elise got me into fun runs, which is something I thought I would never be able to do. Each week I do spin classes, weights, run and play basketball.
"We are playing basketball in the New Zealand Masters next week. Playing basketball overseas is on my bucket list, so that's pretty exciting. I'm now comfortable with my body. I'm happy I've got enough energy to do what I want and I can be a good role model for my kids."
15325-1_asl.jpg

"Now I look in the mirror and feel happy" - Elise Hamill

Height: 162cm
Weight: 64kg
"I went to Europe for two months in 2009 and put on seven kilos. When I returned I went to a dietitian with Mum [Sharon Hamill, left] and found out I had insulin resistance. I ate pretty healthily but I was shocked to see the amount of sugar in some foods. I followed the suggestions and lost 10 kilos.
"On a usual day I have eggs and toast or two VitaBrits with LSA (linseed, soy and almonds) and lactose-free milk for breakfast, vegetable soup with a tuna salad for lunch, and meat and vegetables for dinner. For snacks I have fruit and nuts. I limit alcohol to four drinks a week because there is a lot of sugar in alcohol. When I do drink I have a vodka and soda. I used to have a sweet tooth, but since I cut down on sugar, I don't crave it.
"I take a multivitamin, fish oil and magnesium supplements and drink about three litres of water a day. I exercise six days a week, including spin and pole-dancing classes, a personal training session and running. Mum and I enter lots of fun runs. If I'm feeling lazy she keeps me motivated and vice versa. Now I look in the mirror and feel happy. I feel good about myself."

"I learnt the way to keep up is to be healthy" - Olivia Coyne

Height: 184cm
Weight: 74kg
"I moved to Sydney from the Blue Mountains 18 months ago. Life in Sydney is fast paced, so I learnt the way to keep up is to be healthy.
"I always have breakfast, usually muesli with full-cream milk and a coffee. I eat healthily - lots of fruit, vegetables and meat. I also prefer wholemeal breads and pasta. I grew up with brothers and ate what they ate, but now I eat smaller portions. If I was any skinnier I wouldn't have the energy I do, and that is more important to me.
"I don't have a car so I walk everywhere. I walk two kilometres to and from work and run about seven kilometres two or three times a week. I take fish oil and vitamin C supplements. I have about five alcoholic drinks a week, usually spirits or wine. I love tea and water.
"Balance is my motto this year. I love a sweet biscuit with my tea, so I have a couple of biscuits a couple of times a week. Fish and chips is my weakness and I treat myself once a month. I also like to do something by myself once a week, like go for a walk or read a book somewhere peaceful. I love the way I look. If you don't love yourself, who will?"
15351-1_asl.jpg

Not good pictures, I did a quick image search and size 12 looks like its time to put down the fork.

So many of these 'natural' foods - fruit yoghurt, lots and lots of nuts, fruits - are calorie dense and don't fill you up. I got a flatmate who's a size 14-16, complains about not meeting men, and the only things she's committed to diet wise are smoothies and baked treats (in small but REGULAR doses).

lmao, I love how these women see fit to 'treat' themselves every hour on the dot with baked sugary fatty snacks and then complain about not losing any weight even though they walk on the treadmill 40 mins at the most leisurely speed possible.

" If I was any skinnier I wouldn't have the energy I do, and that is more important to me."

hmm.

Last edited:
Not good pictures, I did a quick image search and size 12 looks like its time to put down the fork.

The thing with women's clothing is it is so all over the place!

I usually wear a size 10-12 in pants, skirts etc but i am what I guess most people would call slim! An American Size 12 on the other hand is much bigger than the Australian versions ..

The thing with women's clothing is it is so all over the place!

I usually wear a size 10-12 in pants, skirts etc but i am what I guess most people would call slim! An American Size 12 on the other hand is much bigger than the Australian versions ..

don't worry male clothing is much the same , xxl in one brand is a xl in another

^^ all of the above.

Chicks prolly rock up to gym with a 'good read' in tow so they have something to look at while spinning their wheels on the recumbent or strolling on the treadmill.

Mens clothing is just as phuked as ladies... Tried on an XL the other day and couldn't get my arm past the elbow on the sleeve ffs. And I ain't a super large guy.

Size 12 aint that bad anyway... Get over yourselves women!

they walk on the treadmill 40 mins at the most leisurely speed possible.

Yeah this makes me laugh i have seen a few, and not just women, who go that slowly on the treadie that if they went any slower they would come to a complete stop....just a waste of time....

Yeah this makes me laugh i have seen a few, and not just women, who go that slowly on the treadie that if they went any slower they would come to a complete stop....just a waste of time....

Yep. and what makes me laugh even more is that they drove the 1km to the gym and then circled the car park for 20 minutes looking for the closest parking spot to the gym front entry door.

Never got the idea of paying gym fees to use a treadmill or cardio equipment, when you can just go outside. When I lost most of my weight about 5 years ago, I was going for a run every day after work, 3-5km at various paces, dropped the weight down combined with sensible eating, was dropping about 1kg per week, was not doing any weights at that time.

I am going for a 4-6km run every weekday night and see a lot of women out doing the same. I think if you are putting the hard yards in like that then your size is irrelevant

I am going for a 4-6km run every weekday night and see a lot of women out doing the same. I think if you are putting the hard yards in like that then your size is irrelevant

U sayn that because a Bigfoot runs it doesn't look look like a big foot any longer?

Even if you do that: eat like a land whale, and you'll still be one. It's relevant.