• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What time do you train?

What time do you train?

• Mid Morning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunchtime

• Late Night

• Total voters

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
I have always been an evening/night time trainer.
Reason being that I felt you need to have a good days food into you for the energy and you'll be well warmed up later in the day.

Anyway, I recently decided to start early morning training.
All this week I have got up at 5:00am and started my workout at 6:00am
I think it's great.
You get an early start to the day and the workout is done and out of the way and forgotten about.

I used to make excuses to miss workouts when training after work, like too tired, didn't eat well enough, and simply just not motivated or other distractions.

I just hope I can keep up the getting up early routine, especially on non-training days and weekends.
It's getting damn cold too in the mornings, so it's an even tougher test, but well worth it.

Anybody else train early?

Getting up in the dark reminds me too much of the Army. Also it would annoy my woman.

I'm self-employed, so I can set my own hours - in principle I could train any time. In practice, mid-morning I'm busy, in the evenings I want to be with my woman or friends. Put in the meals and an hour or so's digestion time, and that gives me mid-afternoon, 1500-1600, something like that.

Also, my gym is most crowded 0700-0830 and 1600-2000. I don't like it completely empty, but I don't want to have to wait for every exercise.

Mind you, those peak times are only really Mon-Wed, later in the week it's quieter, and even - surprisingly - on the weekends. Perhaps I should change my workout days...

Evening/ Night time for me. I cant train in the morning because we have some birds that make so much noise i couldnt get away with morning workouts.

If we didnt have those damn birds id work out in the morning for sure.

anytime really, although I do rather do it early mornings.. tho now its winter its harder to get outa bed :(

When I have PT, I train early (well it's early for me... 8am!)

but for my own workouts I often leave them till night (and them blow them off). That's why I'm determined to pencil in my own workout times in the morning as if I were seeing a PT (and paying $$$ to see them)

Big girls blouses all of you... "It's too cold... it's too early...(8am)"

2 teaspoons of concrete lol.

Try working outdoors at 6am, rain hail or shine haha.

Usually arvo when I can but occasionally evenings or mornings.
As a point of interest one piece of research claims between 1 and 3
in the arvo is the ideal time.Can`t remember why though.

lol. The thing is, I'm going to get a fasting blood test done soon to see if my thyroid is playing up. so it's not necessarily a case of HTFU. Lately I've needed 9, even 10 hrs of sleep despite eating properly and having lots of iron... I wish I could get up earlier but I'm having so much trouble!

I start at 6am and work in construction.. so for me to have an early morning work out (not so bad in summer) id be getting up at 430am...

Exactly, I used to work construction (sparky) getting up at 4.30am every morning, the getting up isn't hard, it's just getting to bed by 9pm every night that is hard so you can get your 7-8hrs.