• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's on your mind...

This is going to sound really gay but for some odd reason I feel like giving a serious answer.

Usually I run myself through the lift cues and listen to music.

If something has shitted me off that day I'll think about that. Hating on ex girlfriends goes down quite well.

But when I'm just feeling down or I know I'm close to my limits I have this image of myself in my head as someone a lot stronger than I am now and I do my best to get there. This tends to be how I approach assessments, eating right and a lot of other things in my life.

Well initially before I read into the thread and judged on the title I would of said; "The one of few females that works in the office at my work - the things id'e do to her!!!"

But yes during my sets;

1. I picture a better version of me and ask myself how much I want this better version

2. And also the quite few times I have gotten smashed by a couple of fuckwits, so I think of the re-occurence of that day of when it is going to happen again (if it ever does) and the thought of dropping them clean...

I for some fucked up reason am a big fucking rester during my sets (4-5mins) I need to figure out how to cut this shit down (or I could get a few tips off Gareer lol)... I feel too much lactic acid and fatigue so I have a shit load of weird shit I think off in 5 mins per set lol

squat.jpg

Anyway basically anything where I'm under the weight it's 'that's gonna hurt if I fail'. Otherwise I just try and avoid passing out by breathing

I for some fucked up reason am a big fucking rester during my sets (4-5mins) I need to figure out how to cut this shit down (or I could get a few tips off Gareer lol)... I feel too much lactic acid and fatigue so I have a shit load of weird shit I think off in 5 mins per set lol

I was taking about 8 minutes between sets at the end of Starting Strength. I'm around 5-6 mins now doing 5x5.