• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your best method for fat loss?

dave

Anonymous User
What do you guys like to do for optimal fat loss? Exercise wise, macronutrient wise, supplement wise and so on.

Personally I like HIIT and walking exercise wise. Between 10 to 30 seconds work and up to 60 seconds rest depending on work time, fitness level etc. I also like to go fully to the other spectrum and walk my dog 30 to 60 minutes a day performing my upperbody stretching and shoulder mobility exercises during the walk.

Let's here your ideas...
Posted via Mobile Device

Climbing mountains, hiit, football training and burpees! Never been all that good on cutting diets as I like to eat to much.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've never done a proper 'cut' before, but when I do later on this year, I'm planning on just cutting calories and carbs a bit, and maintaining my intense training.

ive tried many a way to cut ,wots successfull for me might not work with others , i wont use calorie figures because we all have different needs . I kind of cycle my calories so if im lifting on say monday, wednesday and friday il have 40-40-20 ,protein, carbs and fats ,then on tuesdays thursdays and saturdays ,days im doing cardio and not lifting il cut the carbs down to 25% and protein up to 55% still with 20% fats mostley made up of flaxseed oil. I still do a fullbody workout when lifting manely of compound moves but with my cardio i do 40mins on a bike or rowing machine jumping off every 5 mins to smash out 30 burpees for a total of 180 burpees. this way works for me i csan get down to around 10%bf and not lose too much size

Calorie deficit.
Created through proper exercise and training...

I know alot of people like to say it is diet alone but the reality of it is this isnt the case.

AS you know you need to icnrease your lean muscle mass to increase your metabolic function...

simply dieting alone leads to muscle loss so less metaoblic function and weight gain..

I know you know this but some newb might read your post and think shit i can just eat nothing and lose all my fat.

I like to eat past my BMR and daily activity (outside of training) and then make my calorie deficit from my training. I think Markos' 500gms fat loss a week is a very good guide too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cutting starchy carbs out of my diet did the trick. That plus medium to high intensity cardio that involves weights, or burpees.

I know you know this but some newb might read your post and think shit i can just eat nothing and lose all my fat.

For a person overweight aka overfat, losing a slight bit of muscle, in order to burn significant amount of fat is somewhat of a small price to pay.

I think noobs meant losing too much muscle, as it is inevitable that you will lose some muscle if you diet for extended periods of time.

I can't remeber which number the article was but Markos linked to it from his PTC beginners thread I believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

For a person overweight aka overfat, losing a slight bit of muscle, in order to burn significant amount of fat is somewhat of a small price to pay.

Yes and no, it depends on the person as no one is the same...

We are assuming the

1. the person has willpower (they probably dont as they are fat to start with)

2. If they do have willpower then then possible there endocrine system is not up to scratch? testosterone , thyroid hormone ect...

Advice we give is based on a standard generic healthy person and they simply do not exist...

I know some examples are yes the person is healthy and jsut a gluten but i wonder in how many cases this actually is?

I know you base your opinion on personal experience as dose everyone what im saying is you are on one side of the fence and i was on the other so we cant assume everyone is on that 1 side...

Also random fact sugar consumption leads to dopamine release and dopamine downregulates thyroid hormones... Yet dopamine is what makes us happy? Genetically we are supposed to find food and eat it all in order to survive...

1. the person has willpower (they probably dont as they are fat to start with)

People are usually fat due to psychological issues and correcting it needs a psychological first. Why do you eat, ways to break out of your cycle (think markos' tuna and salad), etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. It could be depression, emotional eating, stress, the list goes on. People on here should not be at that basic level as they have made the decision to start.

I went from 120kg down to 92Kg by doing cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon and calorie restriction (45mins a day running/jogging) unfortunately i lost alot of muscle mass and in the end was piss weak and sick from overtraining ie not eating enough. I have since gained weight back and am currently 110kg at about 20%BF. I will be trying carbcycling ina few months and hope to get down to 100Kg at 15% BF. Will let you knowhow it goes. Anyone interested in trying this should google Chris Aceto Championship Bodybuilding he has some very informative ideas

People are usually fat due to psychological issues and correcting it needs a psychological first. Why do you eat, ways to break out of your cycle (think markos' tuna and salad), etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. It could be depression, emotional eating, stress, the list goes on. People on here should not be at that basic level as they have made the decision to start.

Well the problem is and this is what is sad. Obese people are generally malnourished in regards to vitmains and minerals... Look up vitamin b3 defficiency and tell me what symptoms you see and thats only 1. What is sad is they have had such a constant increase in dopamine due to their over eating sugar it is possible for their receptors to downregulate.. So without the presence of sugar depression is initiated once again. This is exactly the same thing that happens with cocaine users. And probably the most relevant in regards to kicking the sugar... This is why people that go at it with diet alone an no exercise are more prone to failure..

Exercise increase endorphines and dopamine and this can fill the void the sugaradicit is missing.

Yep i agree, but most people get malnourished through eating crap due to depression (the major weight gainers) or some others eat crap and get stressed and then develop depression easier. Either way they are eventually nutritionally deficient. A good psychologist knows this and will work out the why and how. They will talk about the need to increase your healthy eating habits, seeing a dietician etc, and help the people get out of their rut mentally. A good psychologist, I stress GOOD, will bring the best out of people and coach and bring about intrinsic motivational changes which will lead people out of their depression and into a healthier lifestyle. They will suggest eating habit changes, ways to stay motivated, exercising to improve mood and health, methods to change, help realise and set goals etc etc etc. All this will help a person on their way to self sufficiency and better mental and physical health.

And no I am not a psychologist so I am not biased towards them in anyway.