• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your total?

What's your total B+S+D

• <200kg

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 201-250

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 251-300

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 301-350

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 351-400

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 401-500

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 501-650

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • >650

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
sq 125
bp 100
DL 195
420 Total.

that should rise nicely in the coming months. ;)

training serious since jan 11'
weight ~85kg.
you'll hear no excuses from me.

Last edited:
How about we leave this for a different thread, and let the ignorant continue to be ignorant. Back to lifting and stats.

Nothing ignorant about it. I like alot of other guys on the forum could write 10 pages of all the bullshit we have to deal with, don't use your uni/missus/mortgage/kids etc as an excuse for your total not going up. Just put in the 3 -4 hrs a week and progress.

Nothing ignorant about it. I like alot of other guys on the forum could write 10 pages of all the bullshit we have to deal with, don't use your uni/missus/mortgage/kids etc as an excuse for your total not going up. Just put in the 3 -4 hrs a week and progress.

That's exactly right, everyone has shit to deal with. You just have to get on with it.

I think for the average guy training for strength, 500 is a good total to aim for - 180/100/220.
Knuckles,

I like the 500 total, but not necessarily that split. The bench looks too soft. I've always worked on bench 1.5xBW, squat 2.0xBW, dead 2.5xBW as my target, if I put on some bodyweight then 500 would be a good number.

So, for me at circa 75kg my goals are:

Bench: 112.5
Squat: 150
Dead: 187.5
TOTAL: 450

Currently I am,

Bench: 100
Squat: 140
Dead: 175
TOTAL: 415

I'm about 10kg off my target on each of my lifts so, that equation seems to hold pretty true as a realistic goal. I've already hit your 100 bench target but am almost 100 off your 500 total goal.

Having said that, I know if I want to up my total then I just need to focus on squats and deads will follow. Like Markos used to say, bench for a lie down in the middle, but the main game is the squat and deads.

Cheers,
Mike

I truly neither want, nor think that this should be a 'flame on [insert social group]' thread. I didn't say that those people who work 80 hours a week don't have it hard. They've got it MUCH harder than me - I respect your effort, and congrats on your totals. ALL that I was posting was that I could relate to the difficulties that the first uni chap posted.

Try and understand it in a very extreme sense. Lower class in the US - they've got it hard. They're struggling to eat, to keep a roof over their heads... But by the logic that this thread is following, they aren't struggling at all. Many people in Africa are struggling. They can't get clean water, ANY food, no shelter.

It's an extreme analogy, sure, but if we're the lower class US, those people working 12+ hours a day are the majority of 3rd World Africans. Doesn't mean we don't have struggles to overcome in achieving our lifting goals, just means that they pale in comparison. I have never (and will never) make excuses for not achieving what I want to with respect to BBing - I've worked my ass off to put on 20kg (almost all clean) in the last two years. And i'm gonna work my ass off to get where I want. I'm not jealous of those people working shift, call-out, 16+hrs, or any of that.

I'm jealous of the people working 8-5, 5 days. Structure allows you to construct habit, which helps you to structure your entire life around those all important sessions. All the more reason why I want a home gym. But honestly, how about no-one wastes their time (and EMPOWERS me) by quoting this, and we let the remaining AusBB-ers go back to talking about what we all love - BBing, and in this case PLing.

Lets go back to having fun, instead of trying to exclude and ostracise our fellow forum members.

Back on topic fellas.....heres the OP to get back on track. Agree to disagree and move on.....Ta!

What's your total?

I am curious to see what totals (bench, squat and dead) people have, how long they have trained and their weight. I am not a power lifter but I still want to get 370kg as a sort of goal.

proceed.

Knuckles,

I like the 500 total, but not necessarily that split. The bench looks too soft. I've always worked on bench 1.5xBW, squat 2.0xBW, dead 2.5xBW as my target, if I put on some bodyweight then 500 would be a good number.

Currently I am,

I'm about 10kg off my target on each of my lifts so, that equation seems to hold pretty true as a realistic goal. I've already hit your 100 bench target but am almost 100 off your 500 total goal.

Having said that, I know if I want to up my total then I just need to focus on squats and deads will follow. Like Markos used to say, bench for a lie down in the middle, but the main game is the squat and deads.

Cheers,
Mike

Damn... My bench is a major part of my total. Feelsbadman.

370kg at 85kg. Maybe mid 20% bf so I'd like to reduce that to 80kg and see how I go.

Sq 130kg. DL 170kg. OP 70kg.

All on same day. I don't bench press so maybe not a proper comparison. I hate benching. Terrible at it anyway.

And that above was after 12 weeks of a basic Bill Starr routine - not the usual 5x5 found on forums either.

I'd like to crack the 400kg soon though.

Just an update, after my 1st month of 5/3/1, my "estimated" total is now 360kg.... think I aimed a little low.

Squat = 87.7
Bench = 118.5
Dead = 154

estimated. (I think realistically my dead would be a bit less)

Keep in mind I'm not a powerlifter, just something that I want to incorporate into my bb. I didn't deadlift and squat stuff all until the last couple of months.

Knuckles,

Currently I am,

Cheers,
Mike

Yeah I know, that just shows my dislike for benching! It'll depend on levers as to what the split will be. I partly picked the numbers as it's 4/2/5 plates, and I think they're fairly realistic if strength training consistently for a year or 2.

For me it would be very difficult to get the 1.5 x BW bench. That's 180kg at a BW of 120, and being 6'4 with long arms sucks for benching. That said, it won't stop me from trying!

Yeah I know, that just shows my dislike for benching! It'll depend on levers as to what the split will be. I partly picked the numbers as it's 4/2/5 plates, and I think they're fairly realistic if strength training consistently for a year or 2.

For me it would be very difficult to get the 1.5 x BW bench. That's 180kg at a BW of 120, and being 6'4 with long arms sucks for benching. That said, it won't stop me from trying!

Excuses :)

Squat- 140
Bench -95
Dead - 180
Total 415 @ 85Kg

Aiming for a 460 total by the end of the year

My first comp was 145 squat, 102.5 bench, 190 dead.

A lot of you guys are close to these numbers.
Train hard, program smart and the numbers will fall.

Hey sticky how long ago was your first comp ?

Just interested to see how long it has taken you to get the impressive numbers you are currently lifting

Jesus Scoty, I dont know what you guys are doing in Brisbane but the plan here it to train hard, program smart so the number rise.

hehe