• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wheat grass and chlorella

tomibe

Hey guys, I'm new to body building and I'm not into the whole protein and steroids thing.
I'm just wondering if anyone takes wheat grass or chlorella supplements, because my mum takes it and says it really gives her an energy boost.
If anyone does, can you let me know if it's worth the money?

Cheers, Tomi.

Your body needs protein to build muscle , no way to avoid that.

Protein shakes are only supplements and everyone is going to tell you to eat plenty of foods full of protein like chicken, turkey, fish, red meat (beef, kangaroo, lamb ) , milk etc plus lots of vegetables for the rest of the nutrients and to feel full.

If you are vegan you can eat plenty of vegetable proteins like chick peas, pea ,lentils, soy , rice etc but its going to take a lot to equal the amounts you get from meat.

You can get vegatarian and vegan protien powders
180nutrition do one 180 Nutrition Vegan Formula | Protein Supplements ? Protein Superfood ? 180 Nutrition
their protein powders taste quite good but are rather bitty (all the seed etc)

I'm not a vegan man, hahaha i love my meat.
I don't really want to waste my money on expensive proteins if it gives me the same effect as a steak or a piece of chicken.
I'd rather a meal over a shake anyday!!

Cheers, Tomi.

I would prefer spirullina then wheat grass or chlorella. Its got way more nutrients and it tastes better, IMO.

Hey guys, I'm new to body building and I'm not into the whole protein and steroids thing.
I'm just wondering if anyone takes wheat grass or chlorella supplements, because my mum takes it and says it really gives her an energy boost.
If anyone does, can you let me know if it's worth the money?

Cheers, Tomi.

As already mentioned you need protein to build muscle, you should consume at least 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight when body building/weight training.

Protein powder is food, just like steak and chicken, and it's a lot cheaper and an easy way to get 30-40 grams of protein in for breakfast for example.

Obviously buy pure protein powder, not the commercially overpriced weight gainers and super extra hydro engineered powders with very expensive labels.

Of course you can get most of your protein from steak, eggs, chicken etc etc