• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to take BCAA's

Mick P

Hi all,

I was needing some advice with BCAA's. I am currently taking the capsules (500mg), but would like to know if I taking them correctly. I take 2 straight after my workout, and then 2 before I go to bed. I have been told that I should also take some during my workout. Is this necessary?

Cheers, Mick P

Tablets are useless.

You need to take at least 5 gms which would equate to 10 tabs.

Buy some BCAA powder is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than tabs.

take 5gms during and 5 gms after workout.

During and post workout are the go for BCAA's, a normal WPC/WPI with milk before bed so it slow releases while you sleep.

Thanks Morgan. I just finished a tub of my favourite protein, Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 (strawberry). I would usually have a serving before retiring, however since I ran out I've been taking the BCAA's.

Try USPLabs Modern BCAA. It's an 8:1:1 ratio and tastes really good. I have it during the day (sip at work), then 5 gms (half a serve) after training.

Love the stuff - DOMS killer! :)

Sorry to dig this back up, but received my BCAA's yesterday from BN:)

I immediately had 5grams prior to yesterdays weights session and another 5grams immediately after.

Does this sound about right??

Do I take these any other times or only on training days???

Any point taking before or after cardio sessions???

The pack states 5-20 gram per serving or something along those lines??

Is it worth taking a bit before bed to aid recovery??? or first thing in the morning with my vitamins??

Any info would be most welcome.

Last edited:
I take a drink bottle to work and just sip my bcaa's through out the day and take another bottle during workouts