• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to get Olympic collars?

LexDB

I'm a weightlifter training at home and I like to minimise noise when dropping the bar. Most of the noise is dulled by the platform, but the most noticeable noise comes from the plates and bar clattering together. So I want a pair of proper collars to secure the plates tightly, plus stop the plates moving between reps as a bonus. But they seem to be very hard to find in Australia, apart from crappy spring collars, and the ones that are just metal rings with a screw that goes into the bar sleeve. I've found some el cheapo Chinese ones that don't actually weigh 2.5kg and look cheap and nasty as hell, so I'm not willing to get those.

A Zhang Kong reseller has recently started a website
ZhangKong Australia - Training Products
I enquired about buying the training collars, but he has no stock and doesn't know when he will, so who knows when that will happen.

Uesaka's Aus reseller is massively overpriced
Uesaka Barbell Australia: Collars
$423 for a set of collars sans shipping, tell him he's dreamin'. There's an Eleiko reseller, similarly marked up too. Underground Elite doesn't seem to sell Werksan anymore, nobody seems to sell DHS anymore. All anyone sells is this Force USA crap, and of course they only sell the same crappy chinese ones.

Ivanko seem to make good collars at good prices, but none in Australia, and the Amazon stores don't ship here either. Nothing on ebay besides the identical el cheapo Chinese ones.

Another place is Dynamic Fitness in the USA, who have DHS training collars at $99.
DHS 2.5kg Training Collars
But the shipping is $105...

I think I've looked pretty thoroughly, but if anyone knows of a place for some decent collars, I'd like to hear it. At this point I'm just waiting to hear about the Zhang Kong collars.

Last edited:
I haven't really considered them, because they don't seem to do their job all that well and don't seem to last that long. Plus they're not cheap either, like $50 for the legit ones when good Ivanko collars can be had around $70

Last edited: