• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where would you relocate and why?

Crap, thought it said where would you NOT relocate to...

cant-tell-if-being-trolled-or-serious-aliens.jpg

Assume you had to leave the place you live in (for whatever random reason) and had to pack up all your belongings and make a new start.

Where would you go and why?

Please state where you currently live, and where you'd go.

Sydney ----> Brunei ----> Peace.

However that is not legally possible, so I'm back where I've started.

Fadi.

Merimbula - coast town about 2 1/2 hours from Canberra - been going there for about 22 years now..every summer...totally love it there...feel at home there...would move in a blink of an eye if I could!

Gold Coast - alot more happening, lots to do, lots of work....keen to move to the Gold Coast or Merimbula/South/east coast within the next 2 years...thats the plan!!

Currently in Canberra........

We have been contemplating moving to the Gold Coast or northern NSW when uni is finally finished (only 16 weeks for mrs) but it seems like there is way too many teachers for the positions up there so it might not happen.

We have been contemplating moving to the Gold Coast or northern NSW when uni is finally finished (only 16 weeks for mrs) but it seems like there is way too many teachers for the positions up there so it might not happen.
That may be a fact, that there are way too many teachers for the positions, however it’s also an undeniable fact that your Mrs is a unique individual with her own unique qualities. Furthermore, you can always apply for a position prior to making the big move. Basically, if a potential employer is looking for the qualities that your Mrs possesses, then it’s virtually case closed, congratulation, you’ve got the position thank you very much.

That was my way of viewing things Grippy, so it’s more of an opinion rather than a correct or incorrect way of approaching the future.

In any case, I wish you and your Mrs all the very best Sir.

Fadi.

Currently in Canberra. Have also committed to moving to Brisbane in about 2 to 3 years time when my partner finishes her teaching degree. Somewhere around the Kenmore Hills area seems quite nice. Had considered Gold Coast, but was advised that there is now a high crime rate in GC? Been to GC once when I was a kid, my family was strolling along the beach when we found a huge bag of pot. Dad tossed it. But that may say a little about GC, im not sure. I just cant stand the winters and the high allergy springs/summer season in Canberra. Cant wait to move.

If it was possible, I would actually like living in Southern France, Berlin, or London.

Last edited:
That may be a fact, that there are way too many teachers for the positions, however it’s also an undeniable fact that your Mrs is a unique individual with her own unique qualities. Furthermore, you can always apply for a position prior to making the big move. Basically, if a potential employer is looking for the qualities that your Mrs possesses, then it’s virtually case closed, congratulation, you’ve got the position thank you very much.

That was my way of viewing things Grippy, so it’s more of an opinion rather than a correct or incorrect way of approaching the future.

In any case, I wish you and your Mrs all the very best Sir.

Fadi.
Thankyou for your kind words Fadi. She finishes very soon (full time study, part time work) and I have another year or so to go (full time work, part time study). Once we have some experience in the classroom we can then look at relocating to the sunny state. The education system is a tricky one, not many positions available now, however much of the workforce is fairly old and will hopefully retire soon making room for new graduates.

Nice thread!!!

I live in Melbourne. I'm planning on moving to Alaska.

Might be a while but I'll get there eventually. :p

Devante.

Why Alaska mate? this is one place id love to go!

I'm wanting to go run the Iditarod & the Yukon Quest

The only way to do that is to go live In Alasaka.

I love the scenery, see god all day long and it's a warm
and mild -30C in winter... :p LOL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4C6SzFirZU]Toughest Race on Earth: Iditarod, 10/14 @ 10 PM on Discovery - YouTube[/ame]

Iditarod - The Official Site of the Iditarod
YukonQuest - Yukon Quest; Sled Dog Race; Alaska, Yukon; Winter Sports Adventure Race

Thanks for the question
Devante.

I'm going to Alaska in September. Yeah buddy.......

You Suk!!!! I hate you! :eek:

Here are my questions to you if I may

- Where in Alaska?
- How long for?
- What are you hoping to see/visit/do?

Thank you.

Give a big G'day from down under to everyone in Alaska for me

Devante.
P.S. Yukon Quest is starting on Monday! Bring it on.

Thankyou for your kind words Fadi. She finishes very soon (full time study, part time work) and I have another year or so to go (full time work, part time study). Once we have some experience in the classroom we can then look at relocating to the sunny state. The education system is a tricky one, not many positions available now, however much of the workforce is fairly old and will hopefully retire soon making room for new graduates.
I love teachers, they are held in high esteem and afforded full repsect in my religion. God bless you both and I have high hopes that things will work out for both of you because your intention is of a noble nature.

Fadi.

You Suk!!!! I hate you! :eek:

Here are my questions to you if I may

- Where in Alaska?
- How long for?
- What are you hoping to see/visit/do?

Thank you.

Give a big G'day from down under to everyone in Alaska for me

Devante.
P.S. Yukon Quest is starting on Monday! Bring it on.
I am cruising from Vancouver for 7 nights and then staying 3 nights in Alaska (Anchorage). Not a long time but i am seeing many other places so time is of the essence. What will I be doing? Not sure yet, I just knew I wanted to see Alaska. I will plan a few things when it gets a bit closer, still have 6 more months. Can't fckn wait, I'll be gone for 42 days all up.

Vegas > Alaska for me anyway. Never been to either though... Going to America for 26 day contiki and then another 5 days in Vegas.