• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who stretches?

What's your workout preparation?

• I just do warm up sets of the specific exercise to be performed.

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I do a general warm up before working out.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I do a general warm up and stretch.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I do specific stretches before working out.

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
I don't do much stretching around when I do weights, but I do stretching on my other training days. I should look into stretching more after workouts I guess. Anyone have any good/semi reputable or better links for post workout stretching routines?

PM Deep or Chocchillimango - they're both into the stretching and foam rolling and whatnot.

Crazy kids.

Mot of the time I just do warm up sets, but every now and again I feel like I need a good stretch. Sometimes before, sometimes after, depends how I feel on the day. I use to do a pre-workout warm up and go straight into work sets but haven't done that for a long time now.
The way I structure my workouts is around a big compound lift first, so I find doing that particular lift with a few light sets warms me up for the other exercises quite good. By doing this I rarely, if ever these days, have to stretch.

I only do lunge stretches before every training session because I've had a long history of piriformis / psoas sprains. It also gets me in a better starting position in the deadlift and bench if I stretch prior to those lifts

I do Defranco's agile 8 before workouts and use a resistance band to stretch out my shoulders. I also like to sit down into full squat position before I start on light weights for warming up.

I like to be flexible and strong. I used to be incredibly unflexible but since doing mma I'm pretty decent for a guy these days.

I'm an office worker btw and workout in the arvo's so generally been sitting on my ass all day.