• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who's having 2 meals a day?

DKD

Private Dancer
I switched to 2 meals a day just before Xmas. I no longer have brekky except on work trips. On those trips I skip lunch.

This is working well for me....losing some belly fat...waist is shrinking.

Anyone do the 2 meals a day thing? If you're getting sufficient protein within those meals, it should be good, yes??

It works really well when you are on lower calories. You can eat lower calories and still have two decent sized meals for the day and not feel like you are starving yourself.

Even when i increase my calories 2 meals can still be good. You can have 2 pig out meals and feel like you are cheating on your diet but your actually not.

Nope. I normally have 3 meals. They're just later in the day as I skip breakfast also. I much prefer to have a big meal just before bed and go to sleep full. Makes a big difference to sleep quality for me.

Just to add to my previous post.

I had been having just 2 meals a day but latley I have added a small afternoon tea and or supper. At the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as you consume you desired calories and macros.

WOW, just 2 meals a day???? I would really struggle without having breakfast, at the moment i have 5 -6 meals a day and spead the protein throughout the day, although i train at lunch times, i find i do get pretty hungry in the afternoon so i have to eat something...

WOW, just 2 meals a day???? I would really struggle without having breakfast, at the moment i have 5 -6 meals a day and spead the protein throughout the day, although i train at lunch times, i find i do get pretty hungry in the afternoon so i have to eat something...

The reason why you get hungry is because of the small meals. Eat 2000+ calories for lunch and tell me get hungry in the afternoon.

I recently switched to 3 meals a day to try it out... Best thing I ever did...

So good eating 3 moster meals every day!!!

The reason why you get hungry is because of the small meals. Eat 2000+ calories for lunch and tell me get hungry in the afternoon.

good point, i think this is the one thing i should be improving is my lunhc/post workout meal, quality is generally good but the quantity should be increased...

When I was a two meal a man the side effects where one poo a day, I was ravenous at night and indegestion was common.
A huge blender bomb mid morning and a huge dinner.

I'm now three meal a day, always eating, between meals I'll have a handful of nuts and berries, or a carrot, or a cucumber
When I get up, yogurt and fruit
Steel cut oats and honey mid morning
Meat and steamed veg lunch
Same for din-dins
I poo three times a day, lost fat, no indigestion.
My workouts are better.

It's a pain in the arse preparing food.

When I was a two meal a man the side effects where one poo a day, I was ravenous at night and indegestion was common.
A huge blender bomb mid morning and a huge dinner.

I'm now three meal a day, always eating, between meals I'll have a handful of nuts and berries, or a carrot, or a cucumber
When I get up, yogurt and fruit
Steel cut oats and honey mid morning
Meat and steamed veg lunch
Same for din-dins
I poo three times a day, lost fat, no indigestion.
My workouts are better.

It's a pain in the arse preparing food.

Lol.
Shit once a day anymore than that is a hassle.

2-3 meals a day has killed my late night cravings because I have a big chunk of calories for dinner. Late night cravings were always my biggest downfall when trying to diet.

The reason why you get hungry is because of the small meals.

That may not be necessarily so. Remember that cause and effect operates like a web...not single chains to an object. From an evolutionary point of view I understand the basic reasoning about itermitent fasting. Humans have came along way over the last 250,000 years.

I'm eating between 6-8 meals a day.

I've found over the last couple of years that your stomache adapts to big changes in portion size (over time).

2 years ago I was eating 5 meals a day and lost 14kg in 7 months (with plenty of cardio as well). The portion sizes were quite a bit smaller than I was normally used to. Within a few months of starting that regime I went to a restaurant I hadnt been to for a while, and really struggled to finish a meal I could normally devour with ease. Stomache musta just shrank lol.

Because it takes all of 10 minutes?

I don't find preparing food and eating much fun, I mainly eat for fuel.
When I was younger I was a single parent for twenty years cooking and cleaning for three.
Just recently the kids are gone and I've gotten married and living the dream.
I now have more time to myself.

Two meals a day works.

It just turns out that three is better for me now.

It works really well when you are on lower calories. You can eat lower calories and still have two decent sized meals for the day and not feel like you are starving yourself.

Even when i increase my calories 2 meals can still be good. You can have 2 pig out meals and feel like you are cheating on your diet but your actually not.

Exactly what I do, I hate small frequent meals. I guess it's because my family and I always associated food with a gathering of sorts. So we always had big breaky, lunch and dinner together with an assortment of different foods on the table. Now I do the same but with only breaky and dinner, so I get the gathering without the calories............now I just gotta stop the grazing in the day lol and I should be good.

2 meals is just easier for me overall.

Two meals - lunch and dinner....

shakes in between to try and supplement and bump my cals, because post surgery I still can't eat enough.

But I never eat breakfast. Don't like anything before midday...after that, it's all systems go :)

Good post G!