• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

working opposites

McFLy

super m0derator
Any one tried chest and bis and back and tris instead of the traditional chest/tri and
instead of the traditional chest and tris and back/bi routine.

I find it refreshing and am able to concentrate and hit the targeted muscle Harder knowing you won't be hitting an already fatigued muscle. You also get a little indirect stimulation obviously in the session (bis on back day, tris on chest day ect.)

As long as your conditioning is up to scratch and you set up your routine for optimal recovery this will work great for any one that hit platue ect. This is my routine. Yates had a similar but done shoulders with chest and gave back its own day where as I also included legs twine a wee

Day 1 Chest bis forearms
Day 2 heavy legs calvs abs
Day 3 rest
Day 4 back tris
Day 5 high rep legs shoulders abs
Day 6 rest
Day 7 rest

Ive included 2 leg days coz my lower back gives out before my legs
Everything is growing nicely under This routine esp bis and tris. I get the same stimulation in arms with out a direct arm day

Last edited:
That style of routine has been around as long as I can remember. Plenty of ways to skin a cat Marty.
I tried it a few years ago. I didn't mind it.

That style of routine has been around as long as I can remember. Plenty of ways to skin a cat Marty.
I tried it a few years ago. I didn't mind it.

Yea I know its been around for s long time bro lol but its a great way to hit lagging parts lol

well I don't think the day will ever come when I say,"Shit, I think I'm big enough. I better train for maintenance only".

Nevaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't like the idea of doing high rep leg work before shoulders.. I could see shoulders becoming a lagging part if that was kept up for too long.

As for the Bi/Tri choice, I've done both and liked both. I probably find doing biceps after back not as good because they are already sore so my elbow takes a bit more of the load then it should. This is something I believe, but can't prove.

I prefer doing opposites. Last time I did back and biceps I injured my right bicep because it was too fatigued from the back work.

I prefer doing opposites. Last time I did back and biceps I injured my right bicep because it was too fatigued from the back work.

Mind muscle connection and too much weight...

Your bicep should not be getting flogged that hard doing rows...

Perhaps chin ups iwas the culprit?

ur right nazzysmith, I have to learn to keep the mind muscle connection for the entire time. Sometimes I forget and get sloppy. More recently I dropped the heavy weights, I'd rather keep good form and feel the squeeze.