• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist pain - advice?

Ive been gettin similar pains, only when weight is in a position...

I find normal pushup kill like fuck, knuckle push ups are fine...

Getting the weight from ground to front squat position hurts a litle, but holdin it in that position kills... Any weight when the wrist is bent kills...

Rest hasn't helped but as it's been on and off for a while

Ye i have the same pain, i think i got mine from doing dumbbell pull overs for tri's. getting a bit of elbow pain from doing skull crushers. I have been smacking heat cream on my wrists and massaging them a bit as well as trying to build my forearms.

Going to the physio this friday. Might ask for acupuncture etc. I don't want to skip the gym.

I have a ganglion cyst in one wrist and the only thing that helps is not putting the wrist on an an angle during the lift.
Wrist wraps help with this :)

My tendinitis took a long time to come good, but finally it is pretty much back to normal. I can do most exercises now without any wrist discomfort. The wrist clicks more now which is a bit disconcerting but nothing too bad.

My advice: Look after your wrists! Wrist injuries are not much fun at all.

I had this and I researched it up.
I dont feel the pain as much any more.
How i fixed it was; Dont do straight bar curls, use a ez bar.
use better form on your bicep excircises if your not.
Ice it up.
strap it up tight for when u workout, and medium for the day.
i dont know if your still looking for solutions but this worked for me
cheers

I had this and I researched it up.
I dont feel the pain as much any more.
How i fixed it was; Dont do straight bar curls, use a ez bar.
use better form on your bicep excircises if your not.
Ice it up.
strap it up tight for when u workout, and medium for the day.
i dont know if your still looking for solutions but this worked for me
cheers

Thanks for the advice, mine is ok now but hopefully the advice can help others.

I use an EZ bar and do preacher curls these days. No more BB curls for me.

Same here, good to hear its better.
I know when i try and use bb i can feel my wrists starting to hurt again so i jst stick with ez

I hurt my wrist playing rugby, had over 2months off work because the dr said it was fractured and it turns out it wasn't (he got me to have a 2nd set of xrays but didn't bother telling me it was ok because I was on income protection). Now I can only do knuckle pushups and sometimes I bench without my thumb around the bar to stop it hurting. He said it was only sprained but I'm not sure why it would still be giving me grief almost 2yrs later if that was the case.

Maybe I should go see a physio or a better dr, not sure which would be more useful for this sort of thing?

Im reading alot of guys going from straight bar to eze curl, for me it was the opposite. I used to get really bad wrist pain in both of them so i started doing alot of forearm stretches after using one of those cheap grip strengtheners, stopped using an ezecurl for my skullcrushers and went to a vertical gripped curl bar for them. Havnt had a problem since, I guess everyone is different and its about what works for the individual.