• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

100 rep challenge

0ni

Registered Rustler
T NATION | 100-Rep Challenge

Been doing something similar to this for a few months now and I really like it. Always good to see a big named dude start preaching what you were already doing lol. So, anyone else up for the challenge?

Barbell curl - 100 reps with the empty bar
Front plate raise - 100 reps with a 10kg plate, full ROM over your head
Shrug/Row hybrid - 100 reps with 60kg
One legged squat - 100 reps per leg
Hamstring curl - 100 reps with 10kg weights on each leg (I will be doing a 40kg UDL for 100 reps as I don't have ankle weights)
Sit-ups - 100 reps

So far I have just been doing this with curls and UDL. Have done 60 reps with the empty bar and 60 reps with 20kg on the UDL. When I go for each one, imma film it.

Me and my training mate have done this a few times...generally with pullups and dips...supersetting them for 100 reps each...its brutal.

Edit: i think i originally read something from dan john about it...

135/100/210

Dude... it's explained in the article

Tim, 100 rep sets is not really new, a lot of old time bodybuilders really loved it. I read a lot of Dan John (he is awesome) but must have missed that one. If I had seen it sooner I would have started it lol.

Thar we go!
This saturday...i do a 100 rep workout. Thinking press. Or power clean.

135/100/210

FUck I just read that article!! farrrk sounds like torture...sounds awesome...muhahaha

Sweet jesus. I tried this the other day, for curls. Hence, the "crazy amount of reps" in my journal, for the first oly bar curl warmup set (just the bar).

Um yeah, crapped out at 30... :D

Mind you, it was a warmup set, which probably isn't the way to do it, and I haven't done much curlin' at this stage, to put it mildly. Could've pushed out some more reps, possibly, but how many is anyone's guess. They were extremely strict, with no pauses or breaks.

So, it's a start. Maybe I'll have a go at it, some weekend or other, if I'm feeling both masochistic and hyperactive.

Sweet jesus. I tried this the other day, for curls. Hence, the "crazy amount of reps" in my journal, for the first oly bar curl warmup set (just the bar).

Um yeah, crapped out at 30... :D

Mind you, it was a warmup set, which probably isn't the way to do it, and I haven't done much curlin' at this stage, to put it mildly. Could've pushed out some more reps, possibly, but how many is anyone's guess. They were extremely strict, with no pauses or breaks.

So, it's a start. Maybe I'll have a go at it, some weekend or other, if I'm feeling both masochistic and hyperactive.

Yeah I don't warm-up either - I go straight into the curling. I might try a heavy strict single with 40kg to "cheat" my CNS into thinking it's less weight

Been doing the poundstones for a few weeks and now doing the 100 reppers as my extra volume sets after my heavy barbell work. Soooo good.

Try it with fat grips for guaranteed rigamortis.

Been doing the poundstones for a few weeks and now doing the 100 reppers as my extra volume sets after my heavy barbell work. Soooo good.

Why did you give me this idea

Did fat bar curls with 30kg today. Made 40 reps for a 10 rep PB

Fuck you.