• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

13 year old girl Benches 240lb RAW

Is that the IPF rules or the PA rules?
I'm just going off what Ben told me here

I think I must have heard wrong or possibly what was being discussed was a rule that was potentially to change but was obviously voted down. No change in the IPF rule book as far as I can see.

PA follows IPF rules so no PA rulebook.

why didn't she pause at the bottom? or only some feds require a pause?

No feds actually require a "pause" as such. The rule across all the rule books I've seen is for the bar to remain motionless before the press call. It's a matter of interpretation as to what constitutes motionless. In practice, in the IPF this means a pause, but you can get the lucky call now and then. In WPC, where this was performed, it often means touch and go, particularly overseas. From what I've seen in GPC and CAPO/WPC comps, in Australia the refs are stricter, and more or less requiring an actual pause compared to overseas.

As a GPC international referee, I follow the rule book to the tee.....

The rule book states, as Strong Enough posted, the bar must be motionless on the chest before the press call is given.
Its up to the lifter how long the press call takes. The sooner you get it down and motionless, the sooner you get the press call. Could be .5 second, could be 1.5 seconds - It's all up to the lifter.

As a GPC international referee, I follow the rule book to the tee.....

The rule book states, as Strong Enough posted, the bar must be motionless on the chest before the press call is given.
Its up to the lifter how long the press call takes. The sooner you get it down and motionless, the sooner you get the press call. Could be .5 second, could be 1.5 seconds - It's all up to the lifter.

So touch and go is ok then? Because even if you touch and go as fast as you possibly can the the bar is always motionless at the point of reversal, its just motionless for a very short time.

Your being an idiot.

Ive seen other feds allow touch and go, but that doesnt happen in Australia, at least in GPC.
I have actually been in an argument with a WPC referee as he was telling me touch and go is fine and used your example.

I reality, the bar isnt motionless, and if it was, the lifter still needs to wait for a press call so its impossible for TnG.

Your being an idiot.

Ive seen other feds allow touch and go, but that doesnt happen in Australia, at least in GPC.
I have actually been in an argument with a WPC referee as he was telling me touch and go is fine and used your example.

I reality, the bar isnt motionless, and if it was, the lifter still needs to wait for a press call so its impossible for TnG.

It was a serious question.

In reality the bar is most definitely motionless. It physics. The bar has to be motionless at some point for it to reverse. Just for an extremely small amount of time.

I just read this whole thing.

Why is a jerk ok in oly lifting when a strict press would obviously be harder?

Its not about what you do in the gym, its a different thing to a chest developing benchpress. We do it this way because its safe and effective, its a sport with a set of rules which this girl is sticking to.

Majority of powerlifters would look at this bench and be nothing but impressed.

Majority of gym goers would be defensive because this girl is lifting more than them because she does things they dont.

Thats ok, because she doesnt want a big chest, she wants to have a big powerlifting legal bench.

Powerlifting doesn't need the support of people who don't respect it.