• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

16 year old wanting to change

Chopzor

Hi people,

Well I'm basically looking for a bit of guidance.

I just turned 16 and I only weigh about 55kg.

I'm about 175cm so you can imagine how lanky I am.

I'm still developing physically though as I only hit puberty about a year ago.

Im looking to gain 10kg is 4 months, if thats even possible.

I have access to most equipment and i could get supplements.

I dont like being skinny, weak, lanky and the target of all jokes....

Someone please help, am in dire need for change.

Op deserves real responses. Semillion is giving good advice. Watch you tube to learn lift form. If calories confuse you just drink 2l of milk a day on top of your normal diet.

10kgs in 4 months is a bit optimistic, but the key will be staying consistent with your lifting and your diet. Eat, lift and sleep.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Well i didnt think 10kg was possible, but what is?

Some fat wouldnt be to bad as I feel as though I'm unhealthily skinny.

Also everything from the waist down is fairly good in terms of muscle....its just my upper body that is conpletely lacking.

Just look at the diet stickys, there's some good info in there... If you're still lost just do what fluffy said and drink 2L of milk.

Just be consistant with your training as well, pick a solid program and stick with it. Cant stress that enough.

Don't worry too much about supplements. Some of the strongest people only eat/do the following:
- meat and veg
- protein powder
- creatine
- fish oil

Everything else does nothing or very little, but because people are gullible they sell it by the truckload in 5kg containers with pictures of huge guys on the front, with claims like 'natural testosterone booster' - it's bullshit.

Focus on getting stronger in the following exercises - deadlift, squat, bench press, military press, barbell row, chin ups. Any other exercises should be thought of purely as means to increase your performance in the aforementioned. Do higher reps for bodybuilding, lower reps for strength. Keep in mind training low reps will still gain you a lot of size.

Finally don't stress a shitload about your looks when you're 16. Most women (if women are your motivation) are pretty insecure then too. Just try to look trendy and hitch yourself a drunk girl, it's quite easy if you're cocky and reasonably groomed. Women don't fall over for huge muscular guys like we do for chicks with big tits. If you're motivation is to see how strong you can get / increase your sports performance try out powerlifting, if there's a PTC centre near you it would be a good place to start.

my 2c.

Here's one of the few strong guys who hasn't been bought out by some supplement company telling you (in this vid, somewhere) all he does is eat good food and take creatine, protein, and gainers (which are just carbs + protein). He's in fact one of the strongest guys who's ever lived. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfd_LQcBtlU[/ame]

Last edited:
Don't worry too much about supplements. Some of the strongest people only eat/do the following:
- meat and veg
- protein powder
- creatine
- fish oil

Everything else does nothing or very little, but because people are gullible they sell it by the truckload in 5kg containers with pictures of huge guys on the front, with claims like 'natural testosterone booster' - it's bullshit.

Focus on getting stronger in the following exercises - deadlift, squat, bench press, military press, barbell row, chin ups. Any other exercises should be thought of purely as means to increase your performance in the aforementioned. Do higher reps for bodybuilding, lower reps for strength. Keep in mind training low reps will still gain you a lot of size.

Finally don't stress a shitload about your looks when you're 16. Most women (if women are your motivation) are pretty insecure then too. Just try to look trendy and hitch yourself a drunk girl, it's quite easy if you're cocky and reasonably groomed. Women don't fall over for huge muscular guys like we do for chicks with big tits. If you're motivation is to see how strong you can get / increase your sports performance try out powerlifting, if there's a PTC centre near you it would be a good place to start.

my 2c.

If its chicks he is after don't waste your time lifting weights go to uni become a dentist and drive a porsche. You'll have more pussy then you know what to do with.

I doubt there'd be many bangers in dentistry and its a long hard degree, he'd be waiting a while. I would suggest veterinary science or nursing if that was his aim.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Some fat wouldnt be to bad as I feel as though I'm unhealthily skinny.

Also everything from the waist down is fairly good in terms of muscle....its just my upper body that is conpletely lacking.

Essentially, even if you think you eat a lot... you don't ... or you wouldn't be skinny :)

Add a 2L bottle of normal milk to your diet daily and you'll get bigger.

Hi Chopzor,

I suggest tossing your muscle weight aim out the window entirely and simply focus on the good tips already posted. Focus on a goal of getting stronger as well as the tips eat, sleep, lift and the muscle will come.

Regarding your "muscle from waist down is fine" comment; you may only be of that opinion because it's slightly bigger than the rest of you, and you have the walking triangle muscle man image in your head. So don't neglect the lower body workouts. You will find the heavy stuff like squats and deads will have a great impact on total body muscle mass

yeah seriously you have come to the right place, i was similar to you a year ago and i knew shit all, but i came on here and got a lot of honest guidance. Don't be like the rest of those people you see at the gym cause you will end up quitting like the rest of them. If you really want to change then you NEED to be smart about it. I know you probably want to get there really quickly just like me but if you try and rush everything you won't succeed. Trust me 10kg in 4 months is possible. I gained 20kg in about 8 or 9 months. (70kg-90kg) and i've cut down to 80kg within the last 3.

Don't focus on anything but fundamentals. If you don't know what they are its the squat, deadlift, bench press and overhead press. theres plenty of programs which tell you to do these every time you go to the gym and thats exactly what you should do. I know your probably put off by this because of form and purely just because nobody does this at the gym but trust me this shit works! start off really really light, show us some videos of your form on lifts and we'll help you out. don't be thrown back by idiots at the gym who try to tell you otherwise because they either haven't done any research or are probably years ahead of you.

Your seriously in the same boat as me but don't waste time. Stick to this forum you will learn a shit load! also with food and stuff. if your that skinny then just start with basically eating a lot and try to find some good protein sources. Protein shakes and supplements aren't important but they are good for getting those extra nutrients. I don't really believe in meal timing and number of meals per day but if you can eat like 3 or 4 good solid meals with a good source of protein in every one thats a good start for now. you will eventually learn but don't let the whole diet thing put you off

Did'nt expect this much guidance in one night. Ty guys...

Ill get onto this 2L milk thibk asap.
Ill also invest in some protein and creatine.

Surely the girls go for the massive guys....well thats how it seems at the moment. Regardless I dont like being lanky haha.

And as for my woeful muscle proportion... I can squat about 50kg and struggle the bench 20kg. 50kg squat is most probably considered shit by your guys standards anyway.

Playing soccer all these years beefed up the legs but left the arms runtish as ever.

If you really want creatine don't pay any more than about $20 per kilo, or you are getting raped.

Look at No Bull Supplements and Bulknutrients for protein and creatine.

But not really needed, eat Eggs, steak, chicken, tuna, pork etc etc (you get the idea) for protein, have your veggies and stuff and sleep 8 hours a night and lift hard and heavy.

Squat Deep and add weight, plus everything else that has been said, wish I was in your shoes starting out again, this could be the start of great things.

Just don't listen to the main stream gym goers with split routines and fancy machines, resist the temptation and you will progress.