• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2 x PBs for me tonight!

Nardy

I've been following a few people's logs on AusBB and I'm always keen to read about their achievements and progress - it gives me motivation. Tonight I managed to hit two PB's of my own and figured I'd post about them in the hope that someone else takes away some motivation from my posts.

I managed to hit 110kg on squats tonight and 160kg on deads - not a huge achievement compared to alot of you guys on here, but for me they were both big deals.

I've been loosely following Hatfield's advice from his book and over the last 12 months have managed to increase my squats and deads by about 25-30%. For me, that's a great achievement.

Now just to work out how to do the same with my bench!

Good stuff Buddy!!! Well done and congratulations.

Im heading to the gym tonight with one goal in mind, To do 24 chin ups and get my name on our records board.

Thanks for the encouragement fellas!

when people talk about their pb's are they talking 1 rep max or multiple reps
For me those were 1RM's - although having said that, I did deads after a decent squat session, so I think I may have been able to push myself a little further next time. We'll see next time.

love it man. i hit 180 two weeks during 1rm testing. best feeling ever.
@ 83kg and still 19-20% BF, im VERY happy with it :p.

when people talk about their pb's are they talking 1 rep max or multiple reps

It could be either mate, they should specify.

If you only managed 5 reps at a certain weight previously, then 6 reps at the same weight would be a PB.

Likewise if you could only manage 1 set of 5 reps, then if you managed a 2nd set of 5 or even a couple more it would be a PB.

Usually people are talking about a 1RM though unless they specify otherwise.

The fact you have that pic on you're system (for whatever length of time) is a concern.

:p

Got a PB on strict press the other night. :)