• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 Europa Super Show

HCAM

A reminder that Aussie, Con Demetriou was competing in this one. Seems to have creeped up a little in muscle mass.

Pre judging now over:

Attachments

• JB5_2529wtmk_NESXOHXKTO.JPG
    JB5_2529wtmk_NESXOHXKTO.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 26
  • JB5_2523wtmk_MRUCXEIJFK.JPG
    JB5_2523wtmk_MRUCXEIJFK.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
  • JB5_2516wtmk_EKWGNIIKTX.JPG
    JB5_2516wtmk_EKWGNIIKTX.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 18
  • JB5_2519wtmk_HJZVEMLQUO.JPG
    JB5_2519wtmk_HJZVEMLQUO.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
The Final Call-out, as the judges saw it, went like this:

Ed Nunn
Shawn Rhoden
Toney Freeman
Mark Alvisi

...so there's the possible top 4 atleast, with Ed Nunn being the clear favourite so far, followed by Toney Freeman in second.

Finals tomorrow...

Not a fan of their camera work with this show, constantly changing angles so you can't see a good comparison.

Seen a few pics of Toney, Hmmmm I think he got a gift. Was battling for 3rd IMO

Ed Nunn is under-rated and improves each year. He should have won. The smallest mid section ever!

Thanks for the Show Report guys!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was abit like that too, Max, but the more I studied the pics of Freeman vs. Nunn, I thought "muscle has GOT to be a factor too."

Conditioning was better on Nunn, BUT it wasn't so off on Freeman to throw him in second. What got him in first was many things. Compare the two in a front lat spread for example. Study everything. How much thicker Toney's lats are and flare out so much more. A back double bicep that is more complete from top to bottom. I found Nunn also have a chest that kind of disapears in a front double bi also Then there's the muscle quality from being at it for so much longer etc etc.

Make no mistake, if Nunn had some of the same measurements, that show was his. That conditioning is what everyone should be bringing.

Having said that, Toney is still no where near what he used to be, say, around 2008 where he placed top 5! at the Olympia.

Next stop - Phoenix in 2 weeks!
Troy Alves wanting another Pro win, but then there's also Ed Nunn trying to finish off business that wasn't done here at the Europa Super Show.

Should be good.

Yes for sure, muscle does count for something LOL.

I certainly agree with Nunn's chest, it is his weak point and lacks thickness. But with that said, he blows Toney away from the back. Toney had poor conditioning and separation in both the back and hammies etc.

The 3rd place winner has got some potential, great lines!

Looking forward to the next show, thanks for the coverage!

Yeah, well even after his win, it's still not the Toney Freeman we fell in love with.
Has alot to do still to bring back what we witnessed only a couple of years back.
Hope he brings it at the Olympia.

Thanks and no problem.
Phoenix Pro, here we come!

Not a big fan of Tony Freeman but he did bring it back together for this so - I do agree that thickness got him the win - once Nunn gets abit more thickness/size he will be a force I reckon - his waist is just silly