• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

4 day splits

Anyone want to try a 4 day bodybuilding split i have written? i will email it to u.. just PM me

I just need your lifts for the following and i will send the program to u as an excel spreadsheet

Squat x reps achieved
Bench x reps achieved
Dead x reps achieved
Bent over rows x reps achieved
Current Bodyweight

Anyone want to try a 4 day bodybuilding split i have written? i will email it to u.. just PM me

I just need your lifts for the following and i will send the program to u as an excel spreadsheet

Squat x reps achieved
Bench x reps achieved
Dead x reps achieved
Bent over rows x reps achieved
Current Bodyweight

And if female must produce video footage of said BOR's :p

When programming the first question you should ask is, what are my lifts?

If its below 140/100/200, keep doing full body work.

When programming the first question you should ask is, what are my lifts?

If its below 140/100/200, keep doing full body work.
You do realise this is the bodybuilding section?
Those quoted numbers are really beginning to get ho hum.

Weight increases is but only one way of tracking progression, there are other ways as you know bazza that are just as affective and important.
How much weight is on the bar should never be your only indicator.

Kai greene benches 500+
Branch warren benches 500+
Ronnie coleman benches 500+
Johnnie Jackson benches 500+

You little ****s noting a connection?

Kai greene benches 500+
Branch warren benches 500+
Ronnie coleman benches 500+
Johnnie Jackson benches 500+

You little ****s noting a connection?

Ryan Kennelly benches 1000+
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/2/92d1a_ORIG-real_thick_ryan_kennelly_011.jpg

Darkoz didn't say that you didn't need to be strong in order to be big; he said that it isn't the only indicator.

I agree that achieving a big (500+) total will help to provide you with the foundation to build a fantastic physique, but as Darkoz said, in BB, the weight lifted isn't the ONLY indicator. A guy who can only lift a 300 total will be pretty tiny (all other things equal) but a guy who can lift 500+ won't necessarily look like Johnnie O.

No connection. They are strong in their pursuit of bodybuilding.

Those numbers won't win them a BB comp.

No connection. They are strong in their pursuit of bodybuilding.

Those numbers won't win them a BB comp.

you won't get bigger if there's no stimulus for it.

Looking at the training of drug taking elite bodybuilders who program based on weaknesses probably isn't the best way of training for a novice lifter...

Weight increases is but only one way of tracking progression, there are other ways as you know bazza that are just as affective and important.
How much weight is on the bar should never be your only indicator.

Yeah it is one way but you can only do so much other stuff and eventually as much as the BBs seem scared of it you are actually going to have to put some more weight on the bar.

If the BBs truly believe weight lifted doesn't matter. Why even use weight. If what they are saying is right they should be able to built muscle on air curls and air tricep kick backs. See how that goes.

If the BBs truly believe weight lifted doesn't matter. Why even use weight. If what they are saying is right they should be able to built muscle on air curls and air tricep kick backs. See how that goes.

lol... you enjoy antagonizing us, don't you Bazza :)

Yeah it is one way but you can only do so much other stuff and eventually as much as the BBs seem scared of it you are actually going to have to put some more weight on the bar.

Bazza has a bloody good point

Every bodybuilder who says weight doesn't matter is talking shit. To build your body you must subject it to increasing loads so it will grow, adapt and get stronger.

But there is a point where bodybuilding has less need for increased weight, when those who BB reach their desired physical goals than it is just a matter of maintaining what they have already built. So increasing weight would not be needed, but rather a style of training that allows them to maintain.

+1 for the big and basic crew...In the past I fucked around aimlessly and never got anywhere, found out what squats and deadlifts were thanks to this site, and made the best gains I've ever made.
But whatever works for YOU is right

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Legs/Back/Biceps

Upperbody
Lowerbody

Chest/Back/Shoulders
Legs/Arms

Legs/Chest/Triceps
Delts/Back/Biceps