• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

430mm plates...

I'm thinking about getting 430mm plates and putting a 1mx1m 10mm mat under each end of the bar (with me standard on the concrete in between), this putting the bar at the correct height... is this sensible?

You can do that but I wouldn't waste the effort. It's not enough to worry about.

But bazza I pull 2.3% using competion plates, plus those 430mm plates may not be calibrated they could be 20.1kg's, heaven help us all.

Makes sense and easy to do I guess, but not 100% sure it's necessary for 10mm unless you compete, and then then the 10mm could be a tiny advantage as you are used to pulling from lower.

My plates are 430mm and pull from the rubber mats. Its still a small deficit from comp height. My black mats sit of 10mm wood to make it comp height.

My plates are 430mm and pull from the rubber mats. Its still a small deficit from comp height. My black mats sit of 10mm wood to make it comp height.

Thanks Kaz... I'm not sure i understand the maths?, is this because the plates compress the rubber?

For bar centre line to be at the same height as 450mm plates, shouldn't the plates be raised by 10mm?, or am I completely wrong with my calculations, should this be 20mm?

Thanks Kaz... I'm not sure i understand the maths?, is this because the plates compress the rubber?

For bar centre line to be at the same height as 450mm plates, shouldn't the plates be raised by 10mm?, or am I completely wrong with my calculations, should this be 20mm?

I suck at maths. I just worked it so the centre of the bar sits at the right height