• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

8 x Mr Olympia LeeHaney says 'no' to squats?

Don't think he was saying not to swuat but more something along the lines of pre fatigueing the legs prior to starting starting your squats, I have actually read and heard from a number of bodybuilders they have use this quite effectively for leg growth.

Don't think he was saying not to swuat but more something along the lines of pre fatigueing the legs prior to starting starting your squats, I have actually read and heard from a number of bodybuilders they have use this quite effectively for leg growth.

Yes, the thread title is misleading

once again, feedback is largely totally useless, except goosey, from who's post i infer that i should get some proper instruction into how to do the movement correctly before i discount it from the godly status you all seem to think it deserves.

goosey, thank you for your suggestion.
everyone else, thank you for not raising the bar of expectation for legitimate and reasoned retort on a web forum

Just always wear pants then it doesn't matter how small your legs are.

Just like Big Ron said everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but no one wants to lift no heavy arse weights.

Bodybuilders that have big legs and say no to squats invariably built a massive foundation of squatting twice a week for fucking years before switching

Guess what? They have put in the time and effort to build their base first. If you want the go ahead to not squat then be my fucking guest just don't rationalise it by polluting this board with stupid shit

Squatting is one of the most natural movements possible. As soon as baby can walk he starts squatting which builds strength. Somewhere along the line some of us lose the ability to squat by sedentary lifestyles or lazy habits. Even if i dont wanna squat with weight or plan squatting with weight you should atleast aim to keep the mobility to be able to perform a squat. You will be a lot more comfortable later on in life if you do

Cool.

This whole pre-fatiguing thing also rustles my jimmies
Why an earth would you limit the weight you can use on the most bang-for-buck exercises to do something that can JUST AS EASILY BE DONE AFTERWARDS

This whole pre-fatiguing thing also rustles my jimmies
Why an earth would you limit the weight you can use on the most bang-for-buck exercises to do something that can JUST AS EASILY BE DONE AFTERWARDS

Like you 0ni it's just a tool nothing more, nothing less.

I thought we covered this in the other thread.

Squats. Are. Over. Rated.

There are other alternatives that aren't as hard so you don't have to strain. The only thing is you won't get the same results. But who cares about that..

I thought we covered this in the other thread.

Squats. Are. Over. Rated.

There are other alternatives that aren't as hard so you don't have to strain. The only thing is you won't get the same results. But who cares about that..

Although I agree with the latter part I'd hardly call them over-rated.

Good answers have been said but I'll still add my view.

You don't have to but if it is a mobility issue then you should really look into fixing that problem so you can more around properly past the age of 50. Squatting also adds a lot more functional strength ability than leg press etc. If mass gain is your goal then forgo them but at least work on getting your body right so you can move properly.

buriful

Let me get this straight, you want to eat sheep placenta and bovine colostrum to increase your gains, but don't want to squat...?

Fuck me.