• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

a few nutrition questions

blackwhat

hey all, got a few questions for you guys, wondering if you could help?

first, is it possible to eat at least 140-150g of protein a day,on a strict vegetarian diet, ie without any form of meat or eggs? and what vege foods are rich in protein?

and, what are the macros for 300g of chicken breast, from like coles or safeway? tried doing some research but got a few different answers...

thanks in advance :)

myfitnesspal has the macros for both places. Vegie diets are easy to get in protein as long as you do not mind supplementation, otherwise it can be really hard and most likely gassy.

i for one would find it very very hard to get in enough protien on veg/grain only.

I still need a shake or two a day and i eat meat/fish/eggs with everymeal

as for high protine food, I like things liek quorn burgers, tofo and other mock meat.

any reason for no meat?

I accidentally had a vego day last week with over 200g protein. Cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, protein powder, eggs, beans.

I accidentally had a vego day last week with over 200g protein. Cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, protein powder, eggs, beans.

eggs and dairy make things not to bad- My old boy does the whole vegan thing- And he used to be a big meat eater.

not for me!!

ahh thanks for the answers guys, guessing im gona hve to go with any form of mock meat products or tofu...anyone know of places that sell these around melbourne? as for the vege part, its just personal preference, trying to have at least one meat free day during the week

Soy protein. There are some good vego/ vegan options. Sanitarium does some good things and you can get your hands on fake chicken and fake mince, snags etc...
Anyone who doesn't think Vegetarian food is any good should head to the Vegie bar in Fitzroy to check it out...

there is some good soy protine stuff thats same as mince meat, my dad uses it in pasta suace ect,

Not to bad ocne you add all the usual flavours.

il get you the brands that make all the good mock meats, vegie patties ect. they are aswome.

another soy, Soy chicken nugets, Actually frekkin awsome

The Quorn chiken burgers, Also freekin aswsome.

il take meat anyday, But if its at home il tuck into ti now and then, Usually quite good on the macros aswell,