• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

advice for beginner.

P

plunawat

Hii guys,

i am a newbie, so apologies if similar query has already been answered or if i wasn't supposed to start a new thread... but am after some advice...

i used to weigh 57 kgs and my height is 172 cm or a lil more then 5'8.. being underweight i have just started working out in gym to add extra muscles and weight gain. my workout includes alternating between chest and triceps on 1 day and shoulders legs and biceps other day as suggested in one of the beginners thread in this forum.... also the workout also includes cardio with every routine....
i workout 3 days a week and take enough sleep. i am currently taking protein shake once on my day off from exercise and twice on the days i exercise. i have been drinking 1 litre of milk and 4 eggs daily, and i prefer a vegetarian diet but eat some prawns or chicken breast (3 times a week), and a few protein bars or protein drinks sometimes.

its been about 6 weeks now, and have gained about 2.5 kgs... also before i started going to the gym i had a complete body checkup by a professional trainer and my body fat came to be only 6 %... so gaining fats is not a problem.

is that growth for 6 weeks decent or i need to try harder ???
how soon should i expect to see some better results in the body itself ? a few months or longer ??
and is there any change i should make in my diet or workout ??
thx in advance

Great to hear you're in the gym and looking to improve yourself.

Even better to see that you have made some progress!

However in response to your actual question - you can do/expect a lot better :)

between mid December 2009 and early Jan 2010 (the last time I weighed in) I gained 6kg in 3 weeks, some fat but mostly muscle. I am 184cm tall and went from 76kg to 82kg, (I'm now probably a little more than that).

I am not genetically gifted when it comes to weight gain (I finished puberty and 56kg) and it has taken me almost 6 years to put on the 30 extra kg I now carry so I believe my results are typical of what a skinny man can achieve (with seriously dedicated eating)

without a doubt the most valuable tools I found in gaining weight (and getting stronger as the two are intimately connected) were heavy compound lifts and drinking 3L of milk a day (in addition to eating a normal meat and veggie rich diet).

Read the links Austy provided and have a think about where you want to go with your training and lifestyle (there is nothing wrong with a vegetarian approach but it's going to be very hard to put on weight eating like that - I'd even dare say this has contributed to your minimal gains in the last 6 weeks)

as I said to start well done on taking control of yourself and on your progress so far (any progress is good progress no matter how small) keep it up!

holy siht bat man. your 6% body fat? Fcuk your lean. Obviously getting fat is a problem, since your body burns up calories like it's going out of fashion. It's more or less a license to eat more (since you DO want to get bigger...yeh ?

thanx guys
jus going thru the website and all the post by you guys is a big motivation in itself for me..... and thanx for all the replies and the link provided....
still working hard n hope to c something better soon enuf.... :D