• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on which products to buy to bulk up

Hazrd8

Hi all just got back to te gym after a few years off and wanting to know what are the best products to buy for good results i was 104kg now down at 95kg wanting to get stuck into the gym but im not sure what are the best products on the market now to help. I am aiming at putting on more muscel and toneing any advice would be great. Cheers.

Gaining weight is all about calorie surplus. Eat more than you need now to say put on a set amount each week half a pound a week is possible without too much fat. Eat good quality meat spread out into, steak, chicken and fish, eggs and milk from dairy, plenty of carbs from rice, pasta and sweet potato, get your greens, asparagus and broc. For convenience have post workout shake and load some creatine, maybe a BCAA blend. Dont forget healthy fats, efa's virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil and eat some nuts. This will give you a clean bulk without to much fat.

AZZA

Thanks guys just went down to GNC and got whey protien and creatine he also said to take a good multi vitamin. I do already eat a lot of steak and chicken pasta and rice i probably drink too many beers but i enjoy them too much. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip mate ill knock this batch out and get on there to have a look whats a good way to get an energy burst before going to the gym i run my own business and am pretty zapped after a days work i tryed some musashi drink but didn't help much.

Rule number 1. Stay away from overpriced, overhyped commercial brands and stores, ie Musashi, GNC, Muscletech, Horelys, Max's etc, etc.

If you are zapped of energy it possible your diet is inadequate. What do you eat each day and how much?

A double shot of espresso gives me a great kick, although i have stopped drinking coffee lately.

My diet is really all over the shop i somedays dont eat breaky i will start working out morning and night but i have my main meal at about 10.30am a few sanga's and maybe fruit but need to work out a proper diet

My diet is really all over the shop i somedays dont eat breaky i will start working out morning and night but i have my main meal at about 10.30am a few sanga's and maybe fruit but need to work out a proper diet
Hear me now and hear me good!

Your diet is the most important aspect of your gains, Everyone has a slightly different opinion, but roughly

Your gains are determined by

50% Diet
20% training
10% rest
10% genetics
10% Supplements

Get onto your diet, stick to it, eat 5 times a day, don't go more than 3hrs without a good shot of 30-40 grams of protein in a meal.

Good luck.

Lol at gnc comment i saw a guy at chemist today pay like 40 bucks for 400grams of wpi/casein mix lol..

Thanks again for all the advice been hearing that bread is not good for you so what instead should i be eating for breakfast. Also i went to the gym twice yesterday once at 11am and again at 9pm i did the same workout should i leave more time for recovery

Same workout twice in one day? Give your muscles time to use the food you eat to repair them and make them stronger. If you want a second training session make it some hiit instead. Ideally muscles need a week to recover hence routines that see mon- chest tue- back/abs wed-arms etc etc..

Oats are a great breakfast. I also fry an onion, tomatos, eggs, garlic and chilli and eat it without bread.
Posted via Mobile Device