• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

After a functional trainer

rodneyri

hi all,

new here, currently have a Force USA FID bench with hex dumbells from 5-25kg (in 5kg increments) and an EZ curl bar.

Living in an apartment space is limited so was looking at a cable crossover machine due to the variety of exercises and my GF wants to use it aswell.

Not into heavy lifting more for fitness and toning.

what are your thoughts on FT/CC machines in general and also what are thoughts on these

Body Solid Functional Training Center 200 Functional Trainer

Functional Trainer - Force USA

thanks!

didnt think they took up too much space? they are 1.5ish x 1m deep. which fits nicely in my spare room up against the corner back wall.

the top one you posted from gym direct is 1.843m long, 1.074m deep, 2.18 m high.

or you could get a commercial power rack, 1.67m wide 1.61m deep, 2.2 m high.

200mm thinner, 600mm deeper. and much more useful in the long run. this rack would last for life.
7 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 175kg Rubber Olympic plates

but at the end of the day you need to look at you goals

in a rack you can squat, deadlift, rack pull, various grip pull ups, good mornings, various grip benching etc.

only problem would be is that you would need clearance for a 7ft barbell, and some extra for room to move with it.

it may not be what you want but i think its defiantly something to look into
when i was younger my older brothers had one of those home gym things with lat pulldown, peck thing, press thing etc. it barely got used.

so b4 u spend almost 2k on a cable crossover do some looking around, u might find something that can be more versatile, for example i spent bugger all on a set of squat stands, bumpers and a barbell and i could do full body workouts for general strength training and/or bodybuilding if i wanted to.

if your gf gets scared off by a rack tell her squats will make her ass look 'even better' (be careful, may make her think you dont like her ass) LOL

2k for that:eek:

Listen to Callan, even a $50 set of squat/press stands are better that that contraption for the beginner.

Get a rack and some weights and you can do all the 'toning' you want (not really sure what 'toning' is to be honest).

squats-do-a-booty-good-1441.png

Can I get an Amen?!

Callan and Big Mick,

What squat stands do you recommend that can also be user for benching?