• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

An easy way to speed up motabolism

C

coop

Can anyone confirm this for me?

I was told that if u refrain from drinking fluid 30 mins before u eat, while u eat and 30 mins after u eat, your motabolism speeds up. It has something to do with your body digesting food much better than a food/fluid combo.

I think the fluid with food thing has been debunked, I think the yoga gurus started the myth. If it has been linked in multiple reputable scientific journals then it deserves more thought, otherwise just eat healthy and exercise.

No easy solution, just work your arse off.

Although its interesting that some Health experts think people drink too much these day as water can be gained from eating fruit and vegtables. Then again I heard that on the radio so its probably a load of crap.

Your body needs water to live.

When digesting and processing food your body absorbs more water to work better.

Think of it as the oil for your car. If you don't have any in you and you chuck in a heap of food, expecting it to work over-time and quickly well that is like having no oil in your car and driving to Brisbane from Sydney. VERY F%^*EN STUPID!

Just a good diet and exercise regime will speed up your metabolism.

If you want to help burn extra calories, then there are little tricks, e.g.

-drink really cold water - your body burns more trying to digest it as opposed to room temperature water.

-eat celeray, paw paw, pineapple etc - healthy foods that burn more calories when digesting them than they give you.

There is a whole bunch of them out there. But they all add just little bits. The main thing is eating, sleeping and exercising right.

-eat celeray, paw paw, pineapple etc - healthy foods that burn more calories when digesting them than they give you.

I'm pretty sure that is a myth, I remember hearing a dietician debunking it. Logically, just look at the amount of sugar you would get in a pineapple. If you want something with 0 kJ, try dust!

I'm pretty sure that is a myth, I remember hearing a dietician debunking it. Logically, just look at the amount of sugar you would get in a pineapple. If you want something with 0 kJ, try dust!
I agree with this. Calorie negative foods are a myth

I never said they had 0 calories or negative calories.

But some foods take more energy to breakdown. Once again, as I stated above, they are only minor amounts so unless you are doing everything else right, it won't matter.

Still it could have been proven to be false, I am sprouting of "facts" from yr 10 physical development classes (circa 2001)

"First, the reason that certain foods like celery are already low in calories is exactly because of their high-non-caloric nutritional content. The fact that cellulose, water and minerals like sodium contain no calories is already figured into the food’s caloric-content. That’s why it has minimal calories in the first place. Negative food advocates want to double-dip here, and have you believe that the non-caloric nutrients like cellulose lower its effective calorie levels even more, but that’s just not how it works. This is already baked-in."

"In the case of celery — the poster child of all negative calorie foods – you would be burning an extra 4.5 calories per each 9 calorie, 2.2 oz serving of celery. That would put your effective net calories at 4.5 (9/50% = 4.5 calories) — hardly “negative calorie” territory."

Negative Calorie Foods: Fact or Fiction? | Ask The Fitness Nerd

Hey buddy

if you wanna lose weight
short term = drop carbs
long term = increase your metabolism... how?
by building more muscle... the more muscle the more calories
your body has to burn to just maintain the muscles...

Goodluck
Anthony
Natural Bodybuilder

You can use some medicines to increase your metabolism. I think HGH is works better for it.