• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ANB Queensland State Titles 2009 Teenage Division

B

Brades

Hi guys,

Results from my comp on the weekend, i placed second to number 200, i was number 105, extremely pleased with the results, will be happy to go back next year and try to take the title, glad that i still got two more years in the teenage category, had a great time, can't wait to compete again:D!

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Nice work mate. Your legs looked great, as did the rest of ya.

Hey man - you look great! As Shrek said id like to see some pics of number 200 because he must of been good to beat you!

I have a friend who competes with the INBA and also coaches a number of guys who compete also - one of them being a Teen and he said the level of Teens this year has prob been the best he has ever seen.

Very nice work, Brades!!

Are you going to tell us more about the overall day? It'd be great hearing about the whole sequence of events on the day, particularly as this was your first comp I think?

Well done. And yes, we'd all like to hear about how the day is run. For example, is each bodybuilder assigned a bikini-clad beauty to put the baby oil and fake tan on his body by hand? Inquiring minds need to know!

Great effort mate, your preperation and dedication paid off bigtime, with your great attitude and determination you will go a long way.. now the best part.. BULKING. Bring on the FOOD!!

MD

Sorry guys, did not even realise that number 200 wasn't in those photo's. It was my first comp, was very nervous, pre-judging began at 10.30, but i did not get on stage till 1.30 as teenagers were the second last division! This just created more butterfly's. I thought i would have been more nervous, but i couldn't wait to get a pump and get on stage, after all, i had just spent nearly 2 years trying to get remotely big enough to be competitive. My trainer (a former bodybuilder) was out the back with me to help me prep, he was fantastic, all resistance work with the towel, a few push-ups etc., pump came quickly as i hadn't done anything for two days, and i had been carbing up a little, my trainer also got to baby oil me (oh YAY, no girls!). Our pre-judging round felt like it went forever, three full rounds of compulsory posing, after the first round they re-arranged us, number 200 and myself got placed in the middle, and then another two rounds of compulsory's took place. Number 200 had a much better tan than me which was a little disappointing because this is something i had no help with, i couldn't get my tan to go any darker, this is not to say i'm not very pleased with second place, but i had a number of people come up to me and say that my tan could have been the difference between first and second. So close, yet so far. After pre-judging finished at 2.00, the finals began at 4.00. Each competitor completed there routine and then they were all called abck on stage and the places were announced. This experience was one of my single best life experiences so far, and i cannot wait to get up on that stage again. I was lucky enough to be noticed by ASN, and they will be assisting me in comp prep next time i compete. The next competition i am aiming for is the ANB's Asia Pacific 2010 on May 30th.

I can see what you mean by No. 200's tan. In my opinion you do look better. Your legs are definitely better, your shoulders and arms appear bigger/more defined as well. He may have had you in the chest and lats, but your abs look more defined.

It must have been close!

I can see what you mean by No. 200's tan. In my opinion you do look better. Your legs are definitely better, your shoulders and arms appear bigger/more defined as well. He may have had you in the chest and lats, but your abs look more defined.

It must have been close!

Thanks man, i agree with you, my lats are one of my weakessed points, along with calves, these two things he had over me, but as my trainer said, it could have been something as small as the tan, as for my chest, i was happy with how it came out, here's another pic. of him next to me.

IMG_0860.jpg

Congrats Brades

In my opinion, you have better legs,shoulders,arms and abs, he has better back/chest, overall, personally I think you look better, great job, most 17YO's can only dreaming of looking like you.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers.

i reckon you look better too. its a shame that a tan can be the difference between placing 1st and 2nd