• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anywhere to get a decent routine?

F

fat_c*nt

Does anybody know where I can download/read a good all round routine?
I am currently trying to lose fat but still hitting the weights pretty hard.

I would just like to read a proven routine so I am not wasting my time with what I am currently doing.

All help appreciated, Thanks

I would just like to read a proven routine so I am not wasting my time with what I am currently doing.

a lot of things will work a lot of the time. some things will work some of the time.

A smart man once told me "the worst routine don with MAXIMUM effort will yeild better results then the best routine done half arsed".
Focus on your diet, compound lifts and working as hard as you can in the gym.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fadi has a nice routine for a beginner. I'll find the link and put it up. PTC also has a few people on here doing his beginner program which works really well too.
Posted via Mobile Device

What is your current routine?
Posted via Mobile Device

I love the PTC newsletter. I try to incorporate and reference markos/ptc as much as possible.

His info is awesome and he is completely forward/blunt and won't waiver, very straight-down-the-line.

Don't worry Fadi, I reference you just as much.

Between then two of you, I basically become a walking FAQ clarifier ;)

I'm not worried Apie, I sincerely meant that Markos is truly a huge asset to the Ausbb forum. I've always admired teachers, and coaches are teachers with just a different label.

Markos is helping in channeling/directing the immense energy those young people possess into what is healthy and good. That is a trait that all sane human beings admire and champion.

Fadi.

Beginner: Rippetoe's starting strength
Intermediate: a 5x5 varient and later wendler's 5/3/1

Competing powerlifter: sheiko variant
Competing bodybuilder: DC variant

Bill Starr's is very good - the use of cleans instead of hang cleans means you can get more millage out of the program.

Madcow's 5x5 is easier to do for most gym goers, but heavy deadlifting means you wont get as long of a run with the routine. I also wouldnt ramp the weights on the deadlift.