• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are squat Shoes REALLY raw?

i wouldn't say weightlifters wear special shoes for 'flexability', it's more about 'stability'

Weightlifters use an elevated heel as it increases the ankles range of motion.

"Inadequate ankle flexibility can result in the knees remaining too far back if-the ankles are unable to dorsiflex to a great enough degree, the lower leg cannot reach an angle sufficient to bring the knees into a position that allows the hips to reach their intended placement (Greg Everett's; Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes and Coaches, Page 37.)."

Morgans thread said "squat shoes" Every pic of a squat shoe I've seen is flat soled.

An weightlifting shoe is a totally different beast.

Otomix made squat shoes for bodybuilders, the gayest shoe you've ever seen. It actually came with a booklet detailing the whereabouts of all the gay nightclubs in your city, you need to see them to believe them.

At the recent CAPO titles, the variation in foot wear was staggering, at least a dozen different styles. Blundstones, disco slippers, big lace up work boots, cross trainers, weightlifting shoes, Chucks etc

Morgans thread said "squat shoes" Every pic of a squat shoe I've seen is flat soled.

Otomix made squat shoes for bodybuilders, the gayest shoe you've ever seen. It actually came with a booklet detailing the whereabouts of all the gay nightclubs in your city, you need to see them to believe them.

At the recent CAPO titles, the variation in foot wear was staggering, at least a dozen different styles. Blundstones, disco slippers, big lace up work boots, cross trainers, weightlifting shoes, Chucks etc

thats a bit odd...

powerlifters.com.au said:
All the flat shoe talk is very interesting. I went to the 2007 worlds in Austria and squatted in chuck taylors. I had a few people come up to me and suggest that I use a shoe with a heel. The commentators even said that it was unusal to see a lifter in chuck taylors. Of all the male and female lifters at the meet (159 men and 112 women) only 3 wore flats. These lifters were Belyaev (metal flats), Yulia Zaugolova (metal flats) and Clive Henry (chuck taylors)- all outstanding lifters, but the point remains- of 271 lifters only 3 wore flat soled shoes!
I switched and it made an immediate difference to by form and ability to hit depth- but I do have flexibility issues.

I think it depends what the feds influences are - most ipf guys lift in squat shoes, most american feds use strictly chucks.

Well a squat shoe would be high heeled if it was a frotn squat only, as it is part of a clean...

I meant the shoes with the heals that you guys go on about.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weightlifting shoes.

Surely everyone that lifts WEIGHTS should wear weightlifting shoes.

Crosstrainers should be banned, and tennis shoes, and running shoes.

Weightlifting shoes for guys that lift weights, football boots for guys that play football, spikes for sprinters, basketball shoes for basketballers, are they all "cheating" by wearing shoes designed for their sport?

I think regular gym goers, casual backyard cricketers, weekend joggers can stick to casual shoes, but any serious competitor in a competetive sport would be laughed at in casual shoes.

thats a bit odd...

I think it depends what the feds influences are - most ipf guys lift in squat shoes, most american feds use strictly chucks.

Max was the only lifter at the NSW State titles wearing weightlifting shoes out of 31 lifters.

There was no one wearing them at the 2007 Nationals.

The premier powerlifting club in the world advocates that all their record holding lifters squat in Chuck Taylors, a fact I think you mentioned Oli.

For the record, all my lifters will be wearing them at the Vics. This is because we dont practice low bar wide stance squatting.

Weightlifting shoes.

Surely everyone that lifts WEIGHTS should wear weightlifting shoes.

Crosstrainers should be banned, and tennis shoes, and running shoes.
that's not my point, my point was, raised heal makes it easier to balance when compared to ordinary flat soled shoes. It assists you slightly, so is it really raw? That was all, I never said they shouldn't be used.
Posted via Mobile Device

A raised heel enables you to stand more upright improving leverage.
Will it make you stronger? I think not.

Remember the plank under the heels?
Posted via Mobile Device

Football boots have stops, giving a massive advantage over a sneaker, should they be allowed?

Fact is, every sport has correct footwear, it MUST be worn.

Lets not compare gym lifting with competetive lifting, just as we shouldnt compare kick to kick with playing a bonafide game of football.

Would your football coach allow you to take the field in sneakers? I know your mum would let you play kick to kick in them.

Its no different with competition and gym lifting.

Football boots have stops, giving a massive advantage over a sneaker, should they be allowed?

Fact is, every sport has correct footwear, it MUST be worn.

Lets not compare gym lifting with competetive lifting, just as we shouldnt compare kick to kick with playing a bonafide game of football.

Would your football coach allow you to take the field in sneakers? I know your mum would let you play kick to kick in them.

Its no different with competition and gym lifting.

My nizzle, you had my at hello.
Posted via Mobile Device