• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are you preparing for any competition?

gents.bond

first of all sorry everyone this thread is not about what the title suggests. I go to fitness first in Nunawading (melbourne). and as I am doing rippetoe's workout which involves squats in every workout. few of the strangers see me at gym doing squats everytime i workout, doing powercleans and deads etc, some of them actually asked me " are you preparing for some sort of sport or some competition.. and i dont know i kind of felt special. One guy yesterday was doing squat next to me on the other squat rack and although he was doing 140 .. i am at 132.5 .. his squats were barely looked like squat ( 5 inch depth ) and he saw me doing deep (atleast parallel ) squat .. he told his gym partner .. i reckon this guy(me) is a power lifter not a body builder and he also mentioned i am skinny to lift such weights. well the idea behind this thread is i am so happy doing squats, deadlifts and power cleans. My core is much stronger than what i had before. before starting starting strength workout I set my goals of reaching 140 in squats (3x5) and 160 deads (1X5). But seeing the results i might just keep going!!! Thanks for the great guidance by community members!!!

Where you there last saturday morning?
I was training a couple of people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
nope, i workout monday.. wednesday and friday evenings when the place is flat out .. but i know squat rack is always empty.. do you workout there too! ?

yeah its not a great gym for powerlifters or squatters basically. and too many people.. but yeah i see everyone doing bi's and tri's all the time.. and its more of a cardio gym

so do you workout at home now or still doing to some gym?

I don't know any of the trainers there.
I knew and trained a couple at Knox a few times.

I have a gym at my factory and I also have a membership at genesis Ringwood that I go to with my wife.
Posted via Mobile Device

cool, just a random question .. where can i get weight-lifting shoe .. i mean any plcae where i can go and buy or they just available through internet

If you have big feet like me you will never find a pair!

People are just misinformed, ass to grass squats are the best mass builders for the whole leg. If you want to hit your quads a bit more you squat then do something else afterwards. But you won't feel special if everyone caught on so maybe just keep them in the dark :D.

Good to see it is working for you, keep it up until you can not progress, then make a decision as to how you want to go about your training. I think you will squat 150x5 by that time at least.

One of my boys has a pair in size 15 Dave, what size are you?

If your coming to the Nats, say hello, I'll show them to you, Adidas.

I'm a 15 too depending on the shoe maker, I will have to have a look into adidas' range. I am moving house all this weekend (on my birthday too) so I won't be coming down to the nationals sadly.