• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Article on the ZZYZ subculture.

good read.
way too many kids at my school lift weights for the wrong reasons... I know a kid whose 15 (not even joking) and has done 3 cycles of steroids, all inspired by this subculture of 'aesthetics'

Exactly the reason I agreed to be involved with the story, and think "ZZyZ" is (was) a knob.

Zyzz boys/followers/wannabes aren't even nice to look at. Give me a powerlifter anyday!!!

only aggressiveness I got from natural tboosters was when I realized they did nothing.

Good on you Scott for showing not all gym goers are idiots.

Will take a read later when I get the chance.

Not all gym goers are idiots, but you know, book by its cover type of thing.

I look like a nasty hairy wog on the exterior.

I didn't know Zyzz so I won't sit here and judge the dead. What did he do that made him such an idiot? I heard he was a bit of a troll on the occasion, but he didn't take himself too seriously. Kid was young too, had plenty of growing up to do.

Edit:

Few points after reading;

- Totally agree on the supplements ordeal. That's sales and marketing. That's the world we live in. It's unfortunate, but education and maturity will take care of that. I took some ridiculous shit when I was 17/18 all of 10 years ago. It's been this way since I can remember. Apart from whey, fish oil, sometimes creatine and occasional mag/zinc supplement, there's really not much else you need if the diet is well rounded.

- Did not know Zyzz was on the gear. Pretty average size for someone who is on the gear. Then again, he must have been scrawny to begin with. Again, people have idolized shredded and bigger guys long before Zyzz arrived. They've aspired to be them, whether or not they knew of their steroid usage. That is life. It is becoming more prominent due to social media and more exposure. It's in your face all the time. I see a new fan page pop up every few weeks. I think a lot of this has also been bred out of the depths of the misc forum on bb.com. Again, back in 03 / 04, the same shit was happening on bb.com. Juiced up guys from various supplement companies selling supplements to impressionable minds. Sales & marketing 101. Much of the fitness industry is. Just take a look at it over the last 40 years.

- 'Mirin', 'Jelly' 'ty men' - yeah stupid, but so what. I don't see what the big issue is. Our language has been tortured by idiots long before this.

Last edited:

If you are not Sub 10% body fat you are
not part of the crew... NICE!!!

Well written article though.

Devante.

Exactly the reason I agreed to be involved with the story, and think "ZZyZ" is (was) a knob.

The thing I find funny is, some folks thinks he portrayed a healthy lifestyle.

I don't understand how somebody dying at age of 22 from a heart attack was considered to be a role model for being healthy.

The human body is capable of huge changes through the simply use of natural and smart training methods. I firmly believe that, only once you have fully capitalised on your natural abilities, should you then consider steroid use - if getting seriously huge is you thing. Unfortunately for many, as this article points out, the short cuts are too tempting and the risks are blurred in a world of egotism, peer pressure and glossy magazines.

Very well said

only aggressiveness I got from natural tboosters was when I realized they did nothing.

Haha, good call

Was Zyzzz on drugs when he had his heart attack. Did anyone on here know him personally ?>

He was in Thailand, more then likely on a cycle over there due to it not being illegal, god know what else he was on while he was there though.

Zyzz died in a sauna. Apparently he had an undiagnosed heart condition which may or may not have been worsened by the use of recreational drugs. Best not to speculate. 5hit way to die in a sauna. Whether you liked him or not, you gotta feel for him.

good read.
way too many kids at my school lift weights for the wrong reasons... I know a kid whose 15 (not even joking) and has done 3 cycles of steroids, all inspired by this subculture of 'aesthetics'

What is wrong and what is right? Some people lift for power, strength etc. Some lift because they wanna look pretty. Who is to say who is right? I don't much care for pretty boys but at the end of the day I couldn't give a 5hit if posers wanna pose. Good luck to them.

So lost is the health of mind, body and spirit neither bodybiulding nor powerlifting reflects, you know...where does one draw the line?

Zyzz seemd to love life, a short one.

Zyzz died in a sauna. Apparently he had an undiagnosed heart condition which may or may not have been worsened by the use of recreational drugs. Best not to speculate. 5hit way to die in a sauna. Whether you liked him or not, you gotta feel for him.

LOL undiagnosed heart condition.

I'm a dense fucker but even I have the sense to realise a drug that elevates your body temp should not be taken in a sauna, after a night on the charlie, on top of your usual stack.

Do you have the same sympathy for heroin addicts that die on the nod.

As for the zyzz fan boys they will disappear with the next latest trend. Maybe a few of the young guys will develop a love for time under the bar and become lifers which is a good thing & I guess you could consider that the zyzz legacy.

Yeh. Why wouldn't I?

I don't, if you die from ingesting too many drugs I think you really only have yourself to blame. Spose thats a whole different topic to the Zyzz sub culture thing.

I think the real problem for these kids is a fear of inadequacy. It was discussed at length on here in a thread on modern manhood. These kids get wrapped in cotton wool their whole lives then thrown out into the world. No confidence, no people skills, attention starved, try to get huge to fill the void.

Truth is most of them will carry those inadequacies into middle age and beyond, the steroids are a bandaid to bigger emotional and social problems.

Truth is most of them will carry those inadequacies into middle age and beyond, the steroids are a bandaid to bigger emotional and social problems.
and when they take it out on other people, the effects are sometimes a bit worse than if they were not as strong..

have seen many a zyzzdouche walking along in the city, randomly punching people.. night, broad daylight.. any time seems ok...

I don't, if you die from ingesting too many drugs I think you really only have yourself to blame. Spose thats a whole different topic to the Zyzz sub culture thing.

Fair enough.

I think the real problem for these kids is a fear of inadequacy. It was discussed at length on here in a thread on modern manhood. These kids get wrapped in cotton wool their whole lives then thrown out into the world. No confidence, no people skills, attention starved, try to get huge to fill the void.

Agreed. Steroids and bb culture is not the problem. These problems go much deeper.

I do feel sorry for these guys in one way, when they hit their late 20's - early 30's and finally grow up they are gonna have all sorts of health problems related to their stupid long term steroid abuse. Most of these young dudes are on a blast and cruise protocol without the cruise. Best piece of advice any of them could get is put some swimmers on ice before getting on the juice.