• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Asian Cup Soccer

They had so many chances but couldn't deliver and this is the problem they always have against the stronger nations.
I missed the start [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; but why didn't Cahill start?

coach said players needed rest, so stated fresh players.

I agree with you, against top sides you have to have that added class to finish teams off.

Aust dominated play, but hardly ever looked like scoring.

No time for rest in a big tournament. Now they'll most likely get Japan in the semi's if they beat China.

with captain back and other key players, should beat China and be competitive against Japanese. Aussies are a very fit side.

Had great seats, just a few rows back on the half-way line. The only thing about being so close is you lose perspective when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

I'm going to watch the game again (I recorded it) but one thing I really got a sense of was that Korea deserved to win. If any of you play in a club or even socially, you can see pretty quickly in person who the good players are. Korea absolutely schooled Australia down the wings, you could see from the body language - when Australia was attacking, the Korean players just looked like they were totally comfortable, knew what was happening, didn't get surprised. When they got the ball, the Aussies looked like they didn't know what was coming, didn't know which way the player was going to break, etc.

I think a lot of it comes from their movement off the ball, which you don't see so much of on TV.

Funny thing, the faux "equaliser" was actually put up on the scoreboard as a goal, the crowd went absolutely ballistic, even had the scorers confused.

Oh, and another thing - I didn't know why Cahill didn't start but I'm not sure it would have made a difference. We had chances, Cruse's miss was horrible - I had the perfect angle, he had such a huge goal to shoot at and he smashes it straight into the keeper. He could've gone almost anywhere, or even passed it left as there was another player open.

But aside from that, it was the leadup play that was sub-standard. Watching Cahill, you knew nothing was going to happen because no one was getting in a good position to deliver him the ball.