• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian Equipment Manufacturers ?

Peterpack

What are some of the biggest Australian Fitness equipment manufactuers ?
Actually making their own products, not just importing overseas brands.

The only one i know of is Ironedge. I'm not surprised they supply all the AFL clubs and other big sporting teams, they don't seem to have much competition.

The america there is huge competition to outfit all the pro teams, colleges and high schools etc Big companies like Elite fts, Sorinex and Rogue have huge ranges to accomodate this demand.

It's not really a case of not being able to get what i need, i just thought eh market needs a bit more competition and local product that's all.

People in Australia want to spend next to nothing on equipment.

I get gear made locally (as well as abroad) and its not cheap.
But the shit is indestructible.
Here is a comp bench I just started making, this thing will withstand doomsday - with a smaller footprint of an Eleiko.

It will have all the ends capped, adjustable heights via a lever (adjustable every 2cm), adustable face protectors and be the correct height and width for competition.

61FC0226-7A2D-4650-AD58-81AF34DBD943-1031-000000D236AE5ED7.jpg

No body would buy this sort of gear if they can get a chinese rack, bench and bar for the same price.

There will be 2k+ worth of steel alone in this bench - and I'm making another. It didn't cost me anything, that's why I'm going over board.

I can make them using a more sensible steel like 100x50, but if I was to sell it, it'd still cost you about 1.5k.

Last edited:
Scott its awesome you have got together with some of the boys and are making this gear. Like all PTCs you developed a great culture that lends itself to this type of karma ;)

We also have one of the boys making some gear for us.

Just found the Rogue Australia website which is cool but boy they are expensive

Still good that their stuff is available here

Just found the Rogue Australia website which is cool but boy they are expensive

Still good that their stuff is available here

Rogue Australia is just importing it from Rogue Fitness in the US. I bought some weightlifting shoes from them once, and found that Rogue Fitness + international shipping came in less than Rogue Australia price.

If you go to a scrap yard you'll get steel for next to nothing.I work for sims metal and there are a few ppl who come buy looking for off cuts such as those.

Samson Gym Equipment used to be made in Sydney Australia and the weights were cast in a foundry in the same factory in Rydalmere where the equipment was also hand made from Australian Steel by Australian people.

They used to supply the Military, Police Academy, Police Boys clubs, Fire Brigade, and some sporting clubs as well as some gyms and many home gyms back in the 80's.

Unfortunatly they went broke, as people were buying cheap imported benches as they were a few bucks cheaper but no where near as soilid and long lasting. I still have my original bench I bought from Samson when I was 17, I am 44 now and the bench and weights and bars I bought back then are still going strong, and my son will be working out on it soon as well, and I believe this gear will still be around when my grand kids want to build some strength/muscle:)

Samson Bench and optional leg attachment:
IMG_2753.jpg

Samson Weight stand and weights:

100_6344.jpg

100_6351.jpg

Samson Adjustable incline bench and optional preacher attachment:

IMG_3234_zps1b76b1bc.jpg

Samson Dip and Ab Station:

IMG_1629.jpg

Samson Incline Ab Board:

IMG_3011.jpg

I believe this is an Early Samson Lat Pulldown (not 100% sure as I bought it just the other day, but pretty sure it was made by Samson):

IMG_3232_zpsed3a863c.jpg

Samson Power Cage, you can also see the press stands on either side and the Hyperextension bench in the fore ground:

IMG_2751.jpg

There is plenty more, but I think you get the idea, and all that stuff plus more is mine, also have prone bench, calf raise, ab crunch bench, and still looking for more:)

I know some guys get stiffies over that, but I don't see what's great about the quality.
The bench looks shithouse.

It's great quality because it's made from steel, not the thin pressed tin and plastic that other imported stuff is made from, it does not wobble or move around like a lot of cheaply made benches I have been on, it is fully welded and not bolted together and only cost $160 and is still going strong at 27 years old.

It's not a comp bench. it's just a bench you buy to train at home that will not risk your life once you bench past 50kg, I have benched 130kg on it and its does not move or wobble, probably not a lot by comp standards. I generally do reps at 100kg plus and it handles it with ease, plus I am heavy as well.

Samson King

Hey Mick.

Like u Mick i have all the samson gear i swear by it i purchased my first bench from when i was 14 and i am 44 too and its still as good as the first day i bought it 30 years down the track.

Last edited: