• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian Equipment Manufacturers ?

Samson Weights

I tell you that the price of samson weights are not getting cheaper that's for sure.I was looking ebay today i notice some samson stuff up the coast it was about 125kg including bar weight, about 100kg just weights.As you do message them ask for a buy it now price replied $300.00 that's fine it's his auction.I hope he gets it because if i ever sell mine i will be able to retire I suppose you would call it my superannuation.:)

I was just contacted about making 3 combo racks with face savers.

I took a deposit, so I'll post up pics as they are done :)

I tell you that the price of samson weights are not getting cheaper that's for sure.I was looking ebay today i notice some samson stuff up the coast it was about 125kg including bar weight, about 100kg just weights.As you do message them ask for a buy it now price replied $300.00 that's fine it's his auction. I hope he gets it because if i ever sell mine i will be able to retire I suppose you would call it my superannuation.:)

Noticed that, I have a fair few weights, and they are/were not cheap, but then again they are still as heavy as they day they were made, and I doubt the muscles will know the difference.

My muscles have never questioned the hole size.

Have benched 130kg at PTC Sydney with oly sized plates and a $700 bar on a competition bench, and I have also benched 130kg with Samson standard plates and a $50 bar on my $120 Samson bench, both felt like they were about the same weight.:p

Pretty sure my muscles never knew the difference...

Last edited:
My muscles have never questioned the hole size.

Have benched 130kg at PTC Sydney with oly sized plates and a $700 bar on a competition bench, and I have also benched 130kg with Samson standard plates and a $50 bar on my $120 Samson bench, both felt like they were about the same weight.:p

Pretty sure my muscles never knew the difference...

Its more you are limited to shit equipment with standard size plates rather than the plates being a problem.

I deadlifted 200+ with my standard shit bar but there is no way I would be attempting deadlifts in the 300 range or 200+ squats. It's not really safe.

I can get oly size plates for similar price and then be able to use bars and other equipment that's up to the job of heavy weights.

Its more you are limited to shit equipment with standard size plates rather than the plates being a problem.

I deadlifted 200+ with my standard shit bar but there is no way I would be attempting deadlifts in the 300 range or 200+ squats. It's not really safe.

I can get oly size plates for similar price and then be able to use bars and other equipment that's up to the job of heavy weights.

Fair enough, but at my age and ability (or lack there of) I doubt I will ever squat 200kg or dead lift 300kg, I would be happy with a 200-220kg dead and squats, see how I go.

I have a 28mm bar I use for dead lifts, and a home made bar for squats. Will add some knurling to my home made bar when I find someone that will do it for me.