• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BCAA's serving size?

SWH

I've just purchased some BCAs but theres no recommended dosage anywhere. does this vary ? i'm only looking to use it before training while fasted so i don't really want to break it up during the day or anything.

yeah pretty sure 5g is "standard" serving, but as wingman said there should have been a scoop with your BCAAs

4-5 g is standard as far as I know. Higher leucine content compared to the others, up to double pre-workout. Training fasted can be a bitch unless you use a good pre workout.

I don't really think there is a serving size for BCAAs, it is just protein as far as I'm concerned. I have about 20-30g a day, mostly during training, but sometimes just when I want something to drink (mine tastes delicious)

I don't really think there is a serving size for BCAAs, it is just protein as far as I'm concerned. I have about 20-30g a day, mostly during training, but sometimes just when I want something to drink (mine tastes delicious)

sorry Pistachio, I know you know your stuff and while I've heard of up to 10g of BCAAs per serving, isn't the smaller amount of 5g due to digestion issues?

5g - 10g a number of times per day like you do?

I've been doing the same. The bn orange flavour isn't bad.

sorry Pistachio, I know you know your stuff and while I've heard of up to 10g of BCAAs per serving, isn't the smaller amount of 5g due to digestion issues?

5g - 10g a number of times per day like you do?

I've never heard that honestly. As far as I'm concerned, BCAAs is just protein. The only reason I use it (instead of simply WPC or WPI) is because:

1) I can drink it while i train (which arguably isn't necessary, but I don't really like just having water), as opposed to WPC or WPI which taste like crap in water and would just be sickly to have during a workout
2) It tastes delicious. It tastes like dilute cordial to me which is very refreshing.

I usually have about 20g during training, and anywhere from 0-20g at any other point during the day if I feel like something refreshing. I don't really treat it as a supplement, I treat it like cordial lol.

I've been doing the same. The bn orange flavour isn't bad.

Yup, that's the one I use. I'm keen to try the other flavours, but don't want to get 1kg if they are going to taste like shit.

When I was using Modern BCAA's (great taste, no appreciable proof it did anything at all) I was taking 10gm serves before and after workouts.

god that stuff was delicious...

Yup, that's the one I use. I'm keen to try the other flavours, but don't want to get 1kg if they are going to taste like shit.

Going to get some raspberry as well when I order again tomorrow and if I don't like it ,will give it to my little brother

When I was using Modern BCAA's (great taste, no appreciable proof it did anything at all) I was taking 10gm serves before and after workouts.

god that stuff was delicious...

Yup, I pretty much just use it for taste and for the protein. I don't think it really does anything except help you reach your macros for the day.

Going to get some raspberry as well when I order again tomorrow and if I don't like it ,will give it to my little brother

Let me know how it tastes yeah, send me a PM if you can :) And any other flavours you might consider trying. I've only got about 200g left so am going to have to order very soon.

will do

One of the guys downstairs who I train with occasionally keeps raving about Scivation Xtend intra workout. So might have to try some of that as well.

looks like its bcaa + few more aminos , electrolytes and B6

I take Xtend sometimes, tastes great but not sure it does anything. It recommends a 10g serve i think, but as previously stated it is only protein so you could have as much as you want.
Also dont have pure BCAA's as they taste like shit

I tried about 10g worth of BCAA's this morning. it tasted like SHIT. I couldn't finish it it was that bad. i might buy some flavouring for it or something cause theres no way i can finish that

do the same as for creatine , teaspoon worth straight onto the tongue and wash down with water or coffee

do the same as for creatine , teaspoon worth straight onto the tongue and wash down with water or coffee

eugh. is it even very necessary for fasted workouts? doesn't it just help preserve burning muscle

I tried about 10g worth of BCAA's this morning. it tasted like SHIT. I couldn't finish it it was that bad. i might buy some flavouring for it or something cause theres no way i can finish that

lol i said that!! tastes terrible, get some flavoured bcaa from bn or xtend. both are around the same price and taste great

eugh. is it even very necessary for fasted workouts? doesn't it just help preserve burning muscle

I use it as a after work out drink to make sure I'm hydrated and when I'm not going to eat for while afterwards. Could just have a protein shake instead.

Last edited:
lol i said that!! tastes terrible, get some flavoured bcaa from bn or xtend. both are around the same price and taste great

this shit is supposed to be 'electric strawberry' but it tastes like.. it just tastes like shit lol. reckon the bulk nutrients flavouring will do anything?

I use it as a after work out drink to make sure I'm hydrated and when I'm not going to eat for while afterwards. Could just have a protein shake instead.

i can't have a shake after workout because i'll break my fast if i do so